TUTORIAL: How to enable Bi on Mangong Audio outside US & UK

matejwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
TUTORIAL: How to enable Bing Audio on Mango outside US & UK

I finally got Bing Audio to work on Mango here in the Netherlands with a 'simple' workaround:
1. Log on to Windows Live on your PC
2. On the top right corner, click on your user name > Account
3. Change your country/region to United States
Now you have a US Live account
4. Now reset your phone
5. During setup, choose English (US) as display language
6. (Optional) If you want 24 hour clock, change your region format to English (UK), but let everything else US
7. Log on to Windows Live on your phone
8. Turn off your cellular data connection on your phone AND disconnect your PC from the internet
9. Double check if you're disconnected!!
10. Plug your phone into your PC
11. Now just finish Zune setup, give your phone a name
12. You're done!
This took me about 6 resets to get it right. When you're finished, you're safe to connect your PC to the internet and turn on your cellular data connection.

!! This worked for me, but I haven't tried logging on in Zune while my phone is connected. So just to be sure, log off from Zune and then connect your phone !!
Changing your Windows Live ID Region won't affect your account in any way.
Have fun and let me know if it worked :)

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't you just have to change 'browser & search language' in settings / region + language to 'English United States' to enable Bing audio ?

Or have I got it wrong what you meant ?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh i was sure when I done that before i got Bing Audio too. Oh well, I'm sure your posting will help matejwp. :)

It's quite a lot to go through just to get Bing audio, but why not ? :)

matejwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed when I fount out that Bing Audio wasn't coming to NL, I was kinda looking forward to it :p
Bing Audio should already be working for you. It's supported by default in US, UK, Italy, France, Spain and Germany

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me in the UK, but I guess for the OP it doesn't work. Allowed me to scan book and CD covers, barcodes too. Also enabled Bing Audio. Local Scout and scanning of QR Codes and tags worked already.

Lot of work you've put in matejwp, should help someone to enable this feature!
Yes same for me Bearach.

Oh well as long as it works for now you matejwp, you can uninstall shazam now LOL :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I get everything apart from the enhanced Bing vision (Books, CD.s DVD's etc) on the English UK settings.

But don't want to lose that, so im now a Yankee again. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs