Idea for a better paste button layout in IE9 Mango

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I love Mango but there's one thing that really bugs me in the new update, and that's how the paste button takes up a whole blank row in IE. The attached current.png pic shows what I mean. The fact that the button becomes half hidden after you paste something just looks awful! :(

I've come up with a idea for a better placement of the paste button; I think it should go where the refresh button is when you enter an address, since the refresh button is not really needed in this context. The proposed.png pic is a mockup of this layout.

I've already submitted this idea to the WP7 feedback forum, please help vote for it there if you like this idea!

Eliminate the blank space between IE address bar and keyboard when there is something to paste

Thanks in advance!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I like how iOS does it. When you click in a text field a cloud window pops up asking to paste. It almost seems like the mango implementation is a mistake. Like it is supposed to be next to the refresh icon or something. Why not put it on the side where the 3 dots are?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You lose the refresh button with your mockup. I know it's probably not common to refresh when the text edit window is up, but I use it from time to time.

I did think it was kind of odd looking though after upgrading to Mango.

I like how iOS does it. When you click in a text field a cloud window pops up asking to paste. It almost seems like the mango implementation is a mistake. Like it is supposed to be next to the refresh icon or something. Why not put it on the side where the 3 dots are?

I'm thinking they wanted to keep it out of the way so you don't accidently press it when trying to press the dots.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The three dots in this case collapse the keyboard input screen. Generally it pulls open menu options when they're pressed.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You lose the refresh button with your mockup. I know it's probably not common to refresh when the text edit window is up, but I use it from time to time.

Yeah you do lose the refresh button, but to me that's acceptable. You just need to tap on the page again and then hit the refresh button, just one extra step. And it sort of make sense to be on the "page" to refresh it.

And I guess it can go where the 3 dots are because you can tap outside of the address bar to collapse the keyboard. Putting the paste button anywhere on the same row as the address bar is better than the current design!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes