Are you gonna use the official MS/Chevron unlocker?

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Definitely...theres alot of things I'd like to tweak, change or add. But I'm not a dev so I'm hoping I will be able to understand it or figure it out.

Everyone, really, really needs to research their phones before unlocking if your goal is to tweak things. If you can't interop unlock your phone you will NOT be able to tweak squat. Without InterOp unlock you can't modify the system in any way.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyone, really, really needs to research their phones before unlocking if your goal is to tweak things. If you can't interop unlock your phone you will NOT be able to tweak squat. Without InterOp unlock you can't modify the system in any way.

I wouldn't have any interest at all to download something like chevron, but the lack of customization on this phone has me looking for things to change that. Mostly its the color scheme and some other things you can't find in settings. Other than that I wouldn't mess with how the system runs or anything like that.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So will this work with a Chevron unlocked phone? I'm assuming not...

EDIT: Advanced Config Tools, I mean - dunno why my post hacked off what I quoted!

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
So will this work with a Chevron unlocked phone? I'm assuming not...

EDIT: Advanced Config Tools, I mean - dunno why my post hacked off what I quoted!

In order to use the advanced configuration tools, don't I need a chevron unlocked phone?

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
I can't do it anyway. The site says:

The purchasing of tokens has been disabled until further notice. See our post for details.

We aren?t quite ready for new payments at the moment, so that will remain offline. Our focus is to unlock the paid user base ? they?ve been super patient thus far and we appreciate it.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I dont see why it wouldnt. I imagine your phone needs to be interop unlocked too

And interop unlock is the one that costs $99, right? And without it, you can't run a lot of code.

So basically - Chevron Unlock does very, very little? Disappointing. There's not much point having a legit route a la WebOS homebrew if you can't actually do much at all. I'd rather have a proper iOS-style jailbreak and be non-legit if it meant you could tinker with things usefully.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I have now just finished downloading and installing windows phone SDK 7.1 and Microsoft .NET framework 4 on my pc, which is required before downloading the unlock tool in chevronwp7 labs. ..Do I run the product now, before downloading the unlock tool in chevron?

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know when the tokens are going to be available for purchase again? It was down pretty much all day yesterday. They must be overloaded or something.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I paid the $99 dollars MS dev unlock and I can't load certain xap's. There are extra sets to get interop unlocked that I don't want to try.

But with my dev unlock device, I have installed nokia maps, Tango (before it was released) screen capture..
And interop unlock is the one that costs $99, right? And without it, you can't run a lot of code.

So basically - Chevron Unlock does very, very little? Disappointing. There's not much point having a legit route a la WebOS homebrew if you can't actually do much at all. I'd rather have a proper iOS-style jailbreak and be non-legit if it meant you could tinker with things usefully.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Do you really have to leave your phone connected to the pc the entire time your waiting in que? How long is it typically taking for the people that have done it? I want to jump on this tomorrow if the tokens are available, but can't just leave my phone at home all day plugged in waiting.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I paid the $99 dollars MS dev unlock and I can't load certain xap's. There are extra sets to get interop unlocked that I don't want to try.

But with my dev unlock device, I have installed nokia maps, Tango (before it was released) screen capture..

Its 99 dollars? I thought it was like 9 bucks for a token. In trying to download chevron labs, I was prompted to already download 4 other things first, and still I don't even have a token. Man, I hope this thing is worth it..

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I was going to for the sole purpose of being able to use my phone with the Windows Phone Device Manager or whatever the program was that allows direct access and file movement between the computer and phone instead of having to run my files through the clouds but, from what I've been reading and been told online, I still wouldn't be able to connect with it if running the Chevron unlocker so I don't have any use for it. I really miss not being able to transfer files/information easily as I've done all these years since Windows CE and ActiveSync/WMDC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa