How the demand for folders could be fixed

marcojavier

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think allowing users to have folders is in line with the philosophy of Metro.. For me, I think Windows Phone should incorporate small, long rectangles on top of the live tiles, with each rectangle substituting as a folder. For example, if you want to access apps that fall under Games, you can just tap the rectangle that says "Games" and your previous live tiles will disappear by moving up vertically, and then give way to the live tiles of the game apps, which will move down vertically. I think this is a good way of allowing users to organize apps, and a stylish way at that.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That would be OK except for people like me with fat fingers. I cant really use the on board keyboard, much less trying to tap on a slender tab. that's why I have to use Slider phones. Since I'm on Sprint, I'm pretty well tied to the Arrive instead of the larger format phones. If they ever come over to my provider then I might consider it. Larger screen = larger on board keys. Heck, I have to use my pinky to tap apps in the main app list. If WP7 didn't offer the option to Pin to Start for apps I use frequently, I don't know what I'd do.

Maybe a Main tile(could be a live tile maybe) option that could open up another window that has sub-tiles that would represent folders.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
What I would do is leave the main screen the way it is have all your live tiles there. Xbox live hub should have live tiles of the games built in there thats where all the games should be its pretty much like a folder.

What I would recommend is changing the application selection screen. So you know where you can press the letter A it will group everything alphabetical. Why not allow users to create custom groups there so you can group all your static tiles to easily find what your looking for.

That way you have two screens 1 screen with all the live tile notifications and the 2nd screen with the list of all your apps with categories.

Also what you can also do with the rectangle idea you can hold a title release and press again to display the folder just another idea.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Custom hubs/tiles is probably the way this will be addressed, as it would be consistent with the rest of the UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital