Low end phones or High end?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know from the looks of it the HTC Titian is selling like hot cakes off the griddle. most stores are sold out and or back-ordered. Is this because not enough was ordered or is because the device and the OS are popular. I don't see the lower end spectrum of devices selling out like this one. Does this mean the people would prefer WP7 on a higher end device?Just wondering now Nokia is looking at the sales of the Titian and thinking Hey that was suppose to be us.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It is rumored that supply was low, but demand is certainly higher for the Titan than probably any other WP7 device thusfar. I guess you could say it was both factors.

I agree with your point about higher end phones selling better. Hopefully, OEMs will see this and be motivated to step it up.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Nokia is worrying at all. They haven't launched their 9xx series yet.

As for the Titan's sales... I think it's because they differentiated themselves from the pack with the large screen size.

Nokia's 8xx is selling well because it is different also. The colors alone make a statement.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The Titan was in short supply before the sale. Again, that was probably because of supply issues, but the demand was there.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think people will want high-end stuff even if they don't need it.

For instance, WP7 does not NEED a 1.5Ghz processor but people like being able to tell their friends that they have it or that they have the "fastest WP7 device." Couple that with the sales going on right now and the phone probably not expected to sell as much as it did and you get it selling out even if it isn't because its a WP7 device.

Who knows though.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Right about Nokia products. They are selling rather well in the Euro.I would love to see sales numbers and marketing strategy here in the states after they enter this market. 800 is a nice looking device. though a little to small in screen size for me. I do think over all though that the higher end devices are doing much better than the low ones. Even before the big penny sale supplies had been very short.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs