Volume and Music Display

howardmoore

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and new to WP, so apologies if this is already covered elsewhere (I did search, but came up with nothing).

I have a Nokia Lumia 800, and am loving it so far. However, I have two niggly issues that I wonder if someone could help with:

1. I have listened to some music using the Zune music player, and even though I have closed the app down, when I change the volume on the phone it shows what I was last listening to. This is OK as a feature, but is there a way to turn it off and just have the volume showing?

2. Whatsapp - when I type a message larger than the screen, it does not scroll down, so I can only see the first few lines. Does anyone know if this is just a bug, or again is there something I can change?

Thanks all,
Neil

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Not a user of Whatsapp I'm afraid howardmoore so can't help you with that, but if you download the 'Stop The Music' app, it will get rid of the pesky music indications in your volume settings.

Stop The Music App

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/0899997d-c25a-4075-9b28-685308e1568b

Oh, and welcome along to WPCentral. :)

Last edited:

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see people are still pushing Stop the Music for me ;-)

As for WhatsApp, thats a known bug which they are apparently working on. Judging by the speed of their releases though, you might not get a fix until 2020. Try to convince your friends to switch to a free messaging client which actually cares about supporting multiple platforms, like Kik.

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Stop the Music is a godsend of an app. Boodev, you deserve a helluva lot more notoriety than you've been given. After an incident during a thermodynamics exam last month* nearly cost me that exam's grade, I use STM religiously. It's second nature now, like putting my phone into silent, to tap the STM icon before class. Now with MetroRadio out, new app with possible bugs linked with streaming (hypothetical bugs, nothing wrong with it, but detrimental in theory), I'm going to appreciate stopping the music all that much more.

*Incident: My phone began vibrating during the test from a phone call. Even on silent, a phone's vibrate function is audible in a classroom setting during a test. So, I reached into my pocket, attempting to hit power to ignore the call. One way or another, I ended up hitting "Play" on the screen. I believe my hand brushed the momentarily activated screen while fumbling for the power button. Regardless of how it happened, suddenly American Capitalist by Five Finger Death Punch started blaring out of my pants like a bullhorn in a monastery. The panic and confusion associated with the sudden outburst of sound caused me to clumsily fumble the phone around and finally hit the pause button, after almost 30 seconds (felt like 30 minutes). The disruption, the professor was indifferent about. However, he cited the fact that I had pulled my phone out in the middle of an exam, as a reason he could have voided the grade. Regardless of my personal misfortunes, STM prevents a repeat of this rather embarrassing experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney