Ringtones per mail account

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang, I did a search, but couldn't find the answer so now I'm asking.

I'm trying to set up different ringtones for each mail account. Not per contact. Per mail account. How does one do this? If Mango doesn't allow it, is there an app for doing that?

(This was a feature of Blackberry that I am spoiled with.)

Thanks in advance all.

stevenriz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not possible right now. Hopefully in the next update, sorry.
I just asked the same question after my search didn't return anything. I just happened to google the question and your question popped up. hmmm. Anyway, I am terribly spoiled with the BB's ability to do this. With the BB, you can also configure a vibrate scheme if you will. So my corporate email had two long vibes while in the holster and my personal email had three short vibes. Hence telling me Yes I need to address that email for work, or No, don't stop what you're doing quite yet, it's only your personal yahoo mail. I find this counterproductive and may either trade in for the new BB Bold or remove my yahoo account altogether. :mad:

stevenriz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
one more thing to think about, if Mango just came out, I wouldn't expect an update to arrive any time soon. Unless like you suggest, there is an app out there that can do it. I have searched unsuccessfully.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
one more thing to think about, if Mango just came out, I wouldn't expect an update to arrive any time soon. Unless like you suggest, there is an app out there that can do it. I have searched unsuccessfully.
I'm with you on this. The ability to customize ringtones is essential for me. Since the OS doesn't allow for this and there aren't any apps that do this, sounds like an opportunity to get a-cracking and make an app that does this. Guess it's time to break out the coding hat.

Let's see...

10 @echo off
20 set string var1=text
30 set string var2=time

I'm rolling now!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes