Integration between Bing Maps on PC and Maps on WP7?

RobCRD

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A quick question from a newbie to WP7. I've just moved to a Trophy from Android and I'm trying to replicate some resources that I used there. In the Google ecosystem I was able to create custom maps in Google Maps that I would like to port over to the MS ecosystem. One is a map of places where I can park in NYC (anyone who drives around here knows how valuable that is) and the other is a list of the best hospitals for children around the country (that was a job given to me by my pediatrician when my son was born -- *always* know where the nearest quality hospital for children is located, no matter where you are. he actually quizzes me when I go in with my son for checkups). Moving the maps out of Google and into Bing was acutally quite painless. They're both now in My Places in Bing Maps.

But how do I get Maps on my Trophy to see those? I have tried emailing the map to myself using the Actions->Email function in the My Places Editor in Bing Maps, but no-go.

Is it even possible? I guess I could manually do it using the search and favorites functions on the phone, but that would be a massive pain.

Thanks for any help!

RobCRD

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion of gMap, which looks like a good program, but unfortuantely there doesn't appear to be a way to log into your Google account through the app, so no bringing down the custom maps. Still looking for a solution....:straight:

RobCRD

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So after much fruitless searching, I'm left to conclude that there isn't a way (yet) to get this information into Maps on WP7. So now, a bit of a different question. Does anyone know if any of the GPS programs in the Market allow for importation of these kinds of favorites places from Google Maps or Bing Maps?

Thanks!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
A quick question from a newbie to WP7. I've just moved to a Trophy from Android and I'm trying to replicate some resources that I used there. In the Google ecosystem I was able to create custom maps in Google Maps that I would like to port over to the MS ecosystem. One is a map of places where I can park in NYC (anyone who drives around here knows how valuable that is) and the other is a list of the best hospitals for children around the country (that was a job given to me by my pediatrician when my son was born -- *always* know where the nearest quality hospital for children is located, no matter where you are. he actually quizzes me when I go in with my son for checkups). Moving the maps out of Google and into Bing was acutally quite painless. They're both now in My Places in Bing Maps.

But how do I get Maps on my Trophy to see those? I have tried emailing the map to myself using the Actions->Email function in the My Places Editor in Bing Maps, but no-go.

Is it even possible? I guess I could manually do it using the search and favorites functions on the phone, but that would be a massive pain.

Thanks for any help!
Main reason I take the bus into the city (from NJ). Commute is awesome and its less miles on my car.

DrewT3

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you - have some maps in Google that I want to bring to my WP7 phone. It looks like Bing maps on the PC has recently added a "My Places" feature that allows you to import (unspecified format), but it doesn't seem to sync with WP7's favorites.
Hopefully this will be added soon since it is an obvious feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb