screenshot function for windows phone tango

paperkraft

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
>So, the second implementation is to simply hold the back button three seconds more after the app switching screen appears. I like this method better because it’s subtle.

Well actually, this is not subtle as you think. Having the same action (hold back button) for the app-switcher view and screenshot tool mixes up things. It's actually better to go iOS route(power+home button) or ICS route(power+volume down button).

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well actually, this is not subtle as you think. Having the same action (hold back button) for the app-switcher view and screenshot tool mixes up things. It's actually better to go iOS route(power+home button) or ICS route(power+volume down button).
I agree, this could be confusing to people and easily cause accidental screenshots. I like the idea of using the app switching interface though. Maybe a long press on the app from the switching interface could open a context menu that lets you take a screenshot. That would be an elegant solution that makes more sense than a magic button combination.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The multi-tasking screen (the one obtained by long-holding the back button) is nothing but an image viewer for a bunch of screen shots. How about being able to long-hold on any of those screen shots to bring up an action menu with options such as: close, reorder and save screenshot.

Tee

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I was think about the buttons combination too. But the problem is that different OEMs lock them up for their internal usage. For example, my Omnia 7 volume down + power button will boot the phone into download mode for ROM updates.

I want to retain the minimum appearance of the app switcher and putting menus and buttons on it makes it less elegant.

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Why not implement something a little more intuitive? Go into the app switching menu hover over to the app you'd like to take a screenshot of, then just press the camera button every device has one... And if you wanna launch the camera from the task switcher directly instead, then just long press the camera button.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The multi-tasking screen (the one obtained by long-holding the back button) is nothing but an image viewer for a bunch of screen shots. How about being able to long-hold on any of those screen shots to bring up an action menu with options such as: close, reorder and save screenshot.

This is a wonderful idea. Not only can we have screenshots but also the much needed close apps idea.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Why not use the Homebrew solution that already works. Open the app, start screen capture (for 1 to 5 minutes). Go to the screens you want to shoot and start pressing the camera button. When finished, answer No to the dialog and your captures are done, or let the timer time out. Easy to get multiple captures of the same app with different views.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. The homebrew screen capture that's already out is an almost perfect solution. If it was built into the settings menu it would be even better.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Great idea!

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Or MS can put "Save screenshot" on the "..." and if you are inside game or app they can make it like press and hold windows logo. Lots of possibilities, lets hope MS will embrace some of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb