Photgraphing start screen - Is it possible or will it be possible?

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What I have seen from other forums, iPhone and Android owners can photograph their start screen. I know this came up probably one year ago and at that time it was not possible. How about it now in Mango? Is/was it a software issue or a hardware issue that it wasn't possible then?

I really would like to show off my start screen and I can do it the wrong way by photographing it with another camera but I think it would be cooler if I could do it from "within".

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, if you have an unlocked device there is an app you can sideload that'll do that. Apart from that, we're still waiting on an official screen cap app.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I can almost guarantee screen capture ability will be in Apollo at the latest. However, for now you do need an unlocked device as detailed above.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
No screen capture when you have such a sexy OS is like owning a Lexus LFA and not being allowed to drive it in public...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Use the homebrew Screen Capture all the time (and yes, you can capture the Lock or Start screen). And I do hope a similar implementation can be integrated, or at least the API released to make it a legitimate Marketplace app. No Interop unlock required.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, you are too many to thank individually so will have to do with a group thank you. Maybe I come round to trying one of the apps you describe here but let's hope for a solution from Microsoft in the next upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs