I'm trying to decide if its Pandora app or Sprint

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
...or my phone. I have both Pandora apps on my phone now. (HTC Arrive.) MetroRadio and Radio Controlled. For some odd reason, the stream lasts for a few minutes then quits. In fact, the same thing happens with TuneIn Radio. The stream doesn't seem to last more than a few minutes then quits.

Do I have too many apps installed? I do have a lot. Could there be some kind of conflict going on? Or is it just Sprint, as I suspect it is?

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a pretty terrible experience when streaming most stuff, youtube and Zune Pass especially. I'm on AT&T with a Samsung Focus.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Pandora changed something and broke the apps. There was a tweet from the dev of Radio Controlled.saying the app is pretty much dead because of this.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like those apps are not keeping the data connection alive when you phone goes "to sleep". So it is only buffering when the screen is on.

Poor app implementation.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Pandora changed something and broke the apps. There was a tweet from the dev of Radio Controlled.saying the app is pretty much dead because of this.

The app isn't dead, but there was an update Pandora made that brings the API more in line with their general policies. I have an update in beta right now that should help with the problems people have been having. I am giving it another day of two of testing to make sure it works pretty well before submitting.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
...or my phone. I have both Pandora apps on my phone now. (HTC Arrive.) MetroRadio and Radio Controlled. For some odd reason, the stream lasts for a few minutes then quits. In fact, the same thing happens with TuneIn Radio. The stream doesn't seem to last more than a few minutes then quits.

Do I have too many apps installed? I do have a lot. Could there be some kind of conflict going on? Or is it just Sprint, as I suspect it is?
Open Radio Controlled and send an email to me from the about page. I would be happy to try and help you figure it out. It may require a special beta that sends me diagnostic messages, but I would like to try and figure out what is going on if possible.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like those apps are not keeping the data connection alive when you phone goes "to sleep". So it is only buffering when the screen is on.

Poor app implementation.
The app uses a background agent that streams the music and also retrieves new play lists. The foreground app getting tomb-stoned will not affect this because the streaming doesn't happen there. If the network connection is flaky the background app may terminate after a failed attempt to retrieve a play list. I'm going to look into improving network connectivity fault tolerance.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Open Radio Controlled and send an email to me from the about page. I would be happy to try and help you figure it out. It may require a special beta that sends me diagnostic messages, but I would like to try and figure out what is going on if possible.

Will do. I gained a new found respect for Pandora since I found Radio Controlled. But the stream vanishes on me.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The app isn't dead, but there was an update Pandora made that brings the API more in line with their general policies. I have an update in beta right now that should help with the problems people have been having. I am giving it another day of two of testing to make sure it works pretty well before submitting.

That's good, I saw your tweet and thought that was the end of it. Good luck with getting it back working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire