WP OS Twiitter and Facebook apps

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So my problem is, won't the developers of the twitter and Facebook apps bring out any updates to fix the laggyness of their apps on windows phone. I love both official apps but they being too laggy is really getting on my nerves and I'm getting fed up with them.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So my problem is, won't the developers of the twitter and Facebook apps bring out any updates to fix the laggyness of their apps on windows phone. I love both official apps but they being too laggy is really getting on my nerves and I'm getting fed up with them.

Actually the Facebook app seems to be made by Microsoft.

It's funny how the Facebook app on pretty much every platform seems to have problems (laggy, buggy, crashes, lack of features, updates breaking something, etc.) yet people still use it because they don't really have much of an alternative.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
The facebook app also seems to have trouble opening group pages, and tries to go to m.facebook.com in the in-app browser (and then that doesn't work). Could certainly do with an overhaul I think.

Twitter-wise, I've stuck with Birdsong as it's the one that works best for me. May check out Carbon if it ever gets into the marketplace as I really liked it on WebOS.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually the Facebook app seems to be made by Microsoft.

It's funny how the Facebook app on pretty much every platform seems to have problems (laggy, buggy, crashes, lack of features, updates breaking something, etc.) yet people still use it because they don't really have much of an alternative.

The difference is that on other platforms Facebook is a 1st party application and updates tend to come rather quickly straight from Facebook. On WP7 when was our last Facebook application update? I know it was months ago, not long after the Mango update.

I've unpinned it, cause the Live Tile is beyond broken with the Badges it shows. It just causes me to waste time checking for something that isn't there...

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Its a shame we need the apps in the first place. I thought this was what the people hub was suposed to be for, but until it is an 'official app its kinda useless for facebook. Only thing i have with the facebook app is the notifications take a long time to come through.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Its a shame we need the apps in the first place. I thought this was what the people hub was suposed to be for, but until it is an 'official app its kinda useless for facebook. Only thing i have with the facebook app is the notifications take a long time to come through.

Even if its not official it doesn't mean its useless I mean you cant see everybodys updates no biggie thats why you have the official Facebook app but for things such as updating status messages, checking in, uploading photos and tagging pictures, viewing photos, calendar events its pretty great.

I hope they make it official one day but its more on the live side of things. I bet if they do ever make it official we wont need any updates or anything everything will be done through Live.

I do agree Notifications take some time I just turn it off i'm on my PC most of the time anyway no need to waste battery life on FB notifications. I have notifications synced to my e-mail anything that comes through I can see it on my hotmail inbox no biggie.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Fb notifications are pushed to your phone turning them off is slightly unintelligent.

And people hub does r replace an app. It's only there to get a stream of updates at a glance like those similar hubs on android devices. It was never intended to replace a full featured app.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The difference is that on other platforms Facebook is a 1st party application and updates tend to come rather quickly straight from Facebook. On WP7 when was our last Facebook application update? I know it was months ago, not long after the Mango update.

I've unpinned it, cause the Live Tile is beyond broken with the Badges it shows. It just causes me to waste time checking for something that isn't there...

Though it seems every time Facebook puts out an update to fix a bug, they somehow introduce a new one. I honestly expect better from them.

I don't know what's with Facebook push notifications, but they've always been weird for me on Android and iOS (I don't use the Facebook app on WP7). Sometimes it wouldn't notify me at all, or it would group all the notifications and suddenly spam my phone with notifications at 5-15 minute intervals, or when I'm actually on Facebook on my computer and don't need notifications on my phone, that's when push notifications work properly. Really annoying. Come on, Facebook, you can do better than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes