Skydrive question

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So for some reason I could not access Skydrive.com from my work computer...so decided to email myself a pdf to my phone thinking I could upload the pdf from the email to Skydrive. But much to my dismay, you can't. Am I missing something? If this is truly not possible as I described, I think this is really lame! Any suggestions?

-attempt #2- I navigated from my phone to the url link where I originally downloaded the pdf, and it turns out WP7 can only read it and there is no option to save it to the phone...or to Skydrive.

:mad:

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you missing something? Yes, you don't have a Windows Phone.
This may be an(other) iphone problem.
I only have time to help iphone users on first Tuesdays. ;)

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope...I have a Lumia 900...forgot to change my profile

Great; welcome.
Less great, yes; while you can save photos to your phone, you cannot save pdf files. I just email pdfs and open them from my Focus, Playbook, or Portege as I always have. Except by default -for regretably an increasing part of my computing, I don't use servers for storage; so others may have get-around suggestions. I don't know of an app that helps either.

As for SkyDrive access from a work computer (Windows one, of course), you should be able to access it by signing in to your winllive account.

Also, Skydrive apps are available here: https://apps.live.com/skydrive

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
By the way, at your office, you can install the Windows app linked above and then <save as> that pdf to your Skydrive. (I use the Nitro Reader, but it should work with acrobat as well.)

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright! SkyDrive app working again. Yesterday I uploaded a PDF from UC browser to my SkyDrive. Then I tried to view within SkyDrive app and failed. Finally I just went to SkyDrive.com and worked fine. Today I tried again and SkyDrive app was able to open the pdf file.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
After you open a PDF on your phone the first time you will find on the list when you open Acrobat Reader in the future. But no way to select or move it. Although you can delete it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
.. There is no file management at all on this thing.

Of course there is.

WP is the newest platform, but it is developing relatively quickly. Others took years to get copy & paste, and are still working on multi-tasking.

All data-service providers in this pathetic service economy are moving to server storage -it stated with mail and it will continue to increase because that's the business plan: an increasing amount of your information is their data. Drag-and-drop is 20th-century technology.

If you still can't access the skydrive from your office computer, nor get a pdf onto the skydrive so you can access from anywhere and any device, you may need to change your profile again. ;)

WPBackFire

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
well latest generation LOL man someone needs to get their act together!!! as usual they force upon you SkyDrive with a crappy 7 GB hahaha pathetic to say the least. then as if that is not enough there is NO way to sync anything other than pictures and some types of office docs to your Cloud well that is just not good enough wakeup!

So no working sync for videos and the office documents in the phone will not open mdb, pub, and other M$ office docs I have not even bothered with other open standards I am sure they won't work.

Here is a list of things the WP7.8 should do but it does not:
1. Sync PDFs that you get as attachments to e-mails to any of the Cloud services may it be skydrive of google drive or dropbox it just does not work
2. Sync PDFs that you get as downloads while you are browsing the internet to any of the Cloud services may it be skydrive of google drive or dropbox it just does not work
3. No out of the box integration between email clients and other Cloud services ie dropbox I tried the send to dropbox "plugin" service but it does not work.
4. No Antivirus

Concluding remark.... Laughable brick-ware get on it Micro$oft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234