Neowin looks at the One X - 4S - Lumia 800

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
"The One X is nothing short of breathtaking."

"The HTC One X has the most breathtaking display I have ever seen."

After seeing it in person I can't argue with this. Hardware is so critical to the overall experience. Can't wait until Apollo drops for this very reason. But man, 4.7 glorious inches of HD is mouth watering to us lowly WP users who are clearly getting table scraps compared to other platforms.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I like how one commenter put it, what Windows Phone lacks in functionality it makes up for in usability. IMO, even without higher end specs I find that the WP UI is far ahead of iOS and Android. The things I do on my phone are the same things I can do on any device but I enjoy doing them way more with Metro and live tiles. I think I understand why people say that WP doesn't need dual-core. It's because WP is so smooth and intuitive that you never notice it's not a dual core phone, even when compared to much more powerful devices.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As a person who looks forward to owning a WP with a multicore processor and a high-rez display, the "resolution matters" crowd makes me chuckle. The best-selling non-iPhone device on the planet is STILL the SGS2, with its 480x800 display.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me that the HD screens are becoming mainstream as of Summer/Fall 2012, Samsung GS3 will lead the front and I hope that WP8 takes a good amount of iPhone 5 and BB10 steam in Fall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck