Windows Phone sighting

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was catching up on this weeks special join episodes of Hawaii 5-0/NCIS LA when I did a double take. I grinned when I noticed that both the 5-0 and NCIS LA crews are now sporting WP smart phones! CBS made sure to show the screens in a couple sceens and they were swipping up and down, left and right. Up until now they had been using iphones on both shows. Great product placement, major cool! :cool:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Windows Phones have been in that show for awhile. I suppose Microsoft paid CBS, since all the laptops I see in the show are branded Windows.

Steve is the only one who uses an iPhone if I'm not mistaken.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've seen a few episodes last year and noticed WP on there. And I think I saw them using the newer MS Surface table.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a few episodes last year and noticed WP on there. And I think I saw them using the newer MS Surface table.

Yeah I think I saw something like that but I wasn't sure haha.

The sad part is MSFT has to pay people to use their products.

Lol, so do other companies. I'm pretty sure GM pays CBS to use the Camaro, Traverse, Silverado, and Cruze.

The only exception is Apple. Cell phone carriers advertise for Apple without Apple paying them or even telling them to.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Huh. I spend my days on a college campus where it seems like everyone has a smartphone and I've literally never seen one outside of a store.

Same, all I see are iPhones and Android. :(

Once I've seen a professor using a BlackBerry. Never seen anyone using a webOS device or Windows Phone. =/

Anyway, I just noticed this, but on the most recent version of NCIS:LA, if you pause the video (on CBS) at 37:15, there's an ad for the Nokia Lumia (710?) in the background.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching both shows since they began and I can't believe I just now noticed the WP products. Oh well, thanks for setting me straight.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
its called advertising. Chuck and Community have Subway. Nikita has Kia Optimas. Hawaii 5-0 drives around in Chevy's. Chuck also uses iPhones.

What's your argument again?

There are also many shows/movies where Apple products show up. How do you think they got in there?

Sometimes it's like everyone in the US uses a Macbook, since that Apple symbol shows up all over the place.

If there's something Apple knows how to do, it's subliminal marketing. Product placement everywhere.

Huh. I spend my days on a college campus where it seems like everyone has a smartphone and I've literally never seen one outside of a store.

Think of it this way: Someone has seen *you* using a Windows Phone.

"Glass half-full" mentality ; )

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Now the real challenge--seeing a WP7 phone in the wild!
Same here, Ive seen a couple in the wild, my very first windows phone sighting being a Samsung Focus. I was working the counter and a customer came in and I was like "oh man, is that a windows phone? Sweet!" Since then, I havent seen too many but I always get to see the Trophy and the Lumia 710 because my family became part of the windows phone family!! :D

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I've only seen a WP once in the wild, it was a first gen Titan in a concert with 30 000 people. So probability wise, it would have been very improbable NOT to see one :p However, it always makes me feel good to see a WP, even like just in a store or on an add :D

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Seeing quite a few blue Nokia phones around the city lately, and even a few on the plane last week. Before that, I would rarely see one, and if it was it was most likely a Focus or Titan. Picked up the stormtrooper white 900 today at about noon, and I've gotten 3 questions about it already. Had the focus for 18 months, never once a question ;).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes