Mobile GOOGLE MAPS not working with WP7.5

kdogg7117

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that Mobile Google maps stopped working within the last week. Me and my daughter use the site for planning bus routes, cause bing maps does not do it in Canada. (fail Microsoft on its International Customers again) It is very good for public transport of bus routes.

Well all of a sudden this week it says it will not work with our browser on WP7.5. It will not give directions or plan driving or bus routes anymore. I find now that it hampers gMaps Pro, because that is what it would default to for planning routes.

Anyone else notice this :mad:

radic100

May 9, 2012
Visit site
yeah i noticed it, but it never got me up in arms about it. im kind of thankful that it did - we don't need google, lol. I've learned to let go. Bing's 'Maps' App is just as good if not better, and 'nokia drive' probably even more so. Google isn't sorry it's closing down on its competitor's customers, so we shouldn't waste our time.

It feels like Google/Android, Microsoft/Windows, and Apple/iOS are becoming more and more separated, and we will have no choice but to choose only one. I feel sorry for companies like Firefox though.

p.s. i should also say that i never really liked the sound of 'bing' so its lucky for e that they just called the app 'Maps'. but then again, how did we ever get used to the sound of 'google' hehe..

kdogg7117

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind using Bing Maps but it has not public transportation directions and routing in Canada. Microsoft Fail. I don't have a Nokia phone so I can't get Nokia Transport, I also heard people say its not very good. So I'm not sure.

I just wish these companies just get along.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Dunno. I think Microsoft does a good job of offering their products on other platforms. Sometimes too much so for people's taste. That's probably because they have nothing to fear. Unlike their competitors.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Google envy's Windows Phone and thus sabotaging us....not surprised. They fear and seen the fact that we'll overtake them one day.
They can sabotage us but can't stop us.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When I go to maps.google.com, it takes me to 'Places'. If I select a random item (e.g. coffee) and then click on 'directions' for a particular store it takes me to a search box with a 'get directions' button. I then try and type in a street and click the button but it just reloads the same page I'm on, with the search box and the 'get directions' button (without a map or directions). Is this what's happening to you?

Last edited:

anon(5332385)

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
When I go to maps.google.com, it takes me to 'Places'. If I select a random item (e.g. coffee) and then click on 'directions' for a particular store it takes me to a search box with a 'get directions' button. I then try and type in a street and click the button but it just reloads the same page I'm on, with the search box and the 'get directions' button (without a map or directions). Is this what's happening to you?

just tried it right now and im experiencing the exact same thing you described. with regards to the OP, i've never used google maps on my phone before now, so i don't know what changed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos