hey everyone! new here some questions

whysoserious82

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I just have a few questions. I currently have an iPhone 4 and its driving me crazy I've had numerous problems bad call quality, battery drain etc etc. Not to mention I've grown tired of ios. now I know there is an announcement about windows 8 devices next month so more than likely I'll hold off till then with that being said I really love the lumia 900 or the titan II and this is coming from a pretty hardcore apple fan lol. So my question is should I just wait and if I do make the switch what are some advantages of windows phone over iphone. I like the whole idea of the ecosystem Microsoft is making between xbox 360, pc, windows phone and tablets later this year as I already own an xbox and I like the idea of xbox integration.
the only thing that has held me back on windows phone up until not really has been the lack of apps, however I'm hoping once windows phone 8 is released the marketplace will have gained a lot more apps. so really any help would be appreciated thnx

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey whysoserious82

:D:D:D WELCOME TO WPCENTRAl :D:D:D

well WP has allot of advantages depending on how you look at it.

Id say the #1 thing is the innovative UI and the ability to be in and out quicker then MOST Smartphones ( just look at the smoked by WP ;) lol ) now this UI is far from perfect but I already find it to be an advantage and have great potential for the future.

Also like you said the whole ecosystem I think is gona KILL all the others ecosystems.
whats gona help it is the Xbox and the FULL OS tablets!!!

regarding the apps , we are starting to see ALLOT more apps show up every day and we are one of the fastest growing Marketplace right now . so apps are coming.

Allot of developers of OFFICIAL apps have claimed that they are simply waiting for WP8 to come out, so when WP8 comes out im sure we are gona see a BOOM of official app start showing up.

Specially now that WP is actually starting to be recognize by the MEDIA sints the AT&T Deal with NOKIA.
took 2 years but better late then never!!

If i was You if you really like the Nokia 900 id almost wait for the WP8 NOKIA phones ( 6months away if you can wait that LONG) cause we are probability gona see the PURVIEW camera (hopefully) and again no one knows if we are getting the WP8 update on First /second GEN WP. so if u get the 900 and dont get the update it COULD suck.

+ we are expecting WP8 to have Better HARDWARE as well witch is always a nice bonus :) but often useless on WP cause its such a well designed OS . Like Games we have on Single core now required DUAL-core on Android phones to run. just to show the difference in quality of the OS.

any ways hope to see you actively on the Forums :) and hear some news of your choice :)

whysoserious82

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'm sure I'll wait for Windows Phone 8 as I'm sure it will add more functionality and higher res screens maybe. In the past I've had a iphone 3g and now have the iphone 4 so I think its time for a change also I feel Microsoft is innovating more than apple now haha. I feel that overall Windows phone especially with the partnership with Nokia has the potential to take the #2 spot if not #1 among smartphones.
We really need a strong competitor to the market and I think Microsoft can come back and do just that. I think that windows phone should become the unoffical "game phone" too with xbox live integration, which is why I've been surprised to not see more games in the marketplace, although I feel that Microsoft is holding a lot back for the Windows Phone 8 release because by then their whole ecosystem will be on the same page version wise.

I used to be a super hardcore Apple fan and thought they were the only ones with cool devices but Windows Phone and a preview of Windows 8 on my laptop have really opened my eyes to what else is out there. However I feel Windows Phone will hurt Android before it starts chipping away at iphone, although I could be wrong. I looked at a few Android phone and the fragmentation is getting better but it is still there plus coming from iphone I'm used to an ecosystem to manage everything.
So I'd also like to hear stories from anyone coming from iphone to windows phone and how the transistion has been :)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an ipod touch and the itunes integration is far better than Zune in my experience and what I use it for...music, videos, and audio books. I had an old Zune 30 so it's not that I am unfamiliar with Zune.

It will be interesting to see what WP 8 and the iphone 5 bring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon