How to add username in secured wifi

Martin Ng

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I need to add a corporate secured, hidden wifi connection that requires a username and password.

When I add a new wifi connection, it prompted me for the network name (SSID). After I pressed done, and it took me to the Sign In page for the password. But there is nowhere to be found to enter the username. If I press done, it came back saying "Password Incorrect" and asked to reenter.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any suggestion? I was able to set it up with an iPad easily using my username and password. I have a Samsung Focus running Mango.

Thanks!

Martin

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I need to add a corporate secured, hidden wifi connection that requires a username and password.

When I add a new wifi connection, it prompted me for the network name (SSID). After I pressed done, and it took me to the Sign In page for the password. But there is nowhere to be found to enter the username. If I press done, it came back saying "Password Incorrect" and asked to reenter.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any suggestion? I was able to set it up with an iPad easily using my username and password. I have a Samsung Focus running Mango.

Thanks!

Martin
Well, Mango added more WiFi security features. WPA2-Enterprise is the one you are looking for. I have a Guest WiFi network at home that uses this, and when I select it, I am prompted for both a Username and Password. So, not quite sure why it's not working for you.

Martin Ng

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, Mango added more WiFi security features. WPA2-Enterprise is the one you are looking for. I have a Guest WiFi network at home that uses this, and when I select it, I am prompted for both a Username and Password. So, not quite sure why it's not working for you.
Hi Chris,

What was the setup process like for you? After you hit the + sign to add the hidden network name and pressed Add, did it take you right away to the Sgin In screen? Mine did and was prompted for the password. There is no prompt for the username, nor entry available to put in WPA2-Enterprise. The latter was what I used in the iPad setup and it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo