do you think that HTC should focus more on Wp8 now for what happened before

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really do think that Sammy. would do that. since they are in a fight. they need to take a break from android for a while and they know they will sued again. So they will focus on Wp until everything calms down.
Samsung?s Shift To Windows Phone Is Good For Microsoft | Mobile Bloom News

I'd like some clarification on why Samsung needs to take a break from Android, especially since their devices are by far the best selling Android phones.

It's also being proven for the Windows Phone cameras to be terrible with equal specs. The HTC one-X runs well enough but it has a lot of more features and apps than the WP8 version can dream, not to mention it will probably be 50 bucks on contract by the time those came out. Choosing the WP8 version will be being played for sucker.

Why do you think WP can't have cameras as good as the One X? I also think it's a bit short sighted to say WP8 won't be as good as the One X since WP8 hasn't been released yet.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
These days many companies get down talked by customers who had 1 bad experience with the device. ALL COMPANIES HAVE QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES. I was recently an Android owner and about a year before that I was an iphone owner. On the forums people complain alot about HTC and Samsung. Samsung get more positive press simply becasuse they are in bed with Google when it comes to flagship devices. So of course they aren't going to get as much good press. HTC is not a bad company at all though. They make quality feeling devies. This is subjective though. Some people like more substantial feeling devices, while others like feather weight devices. People who complain about a phone being too heavy make me laugh because it's not like your muscles are bulging from holding it up or anything. if so, you need to hit the gym or see a physician.

Now, HTC devices like other OEM devices aren't much different in design from each other. Most are candy bar model round edges, now include some type of curvature. HTC screens are what I like though. for the most part. I find Samsung screen to be good as well, but they have a different look that in my eyes, aren't as good as HTC, but again this is subjective.

A while ago the HTC CEO made a statement about producing less phones in order to focus on the phone they already have out and the phone that are coming out. Ya know, so they can spread their resources out more efficiently. I'm not sure if this includes the development of windows phones as well, but we'll see.

We all complain about X company not doing this that and the other, but we are at our desks typing away instead of running our own companies. I mean, we really can't complain much. We can complain some, but we really don't know what efforts go on behid corportate doors. All I know is WOW, it's 2012 and we have some AMAZING capabilities on things that sit in the palm of our hands. Us WP7.5 user may not be keeping up with the Androids as far as functionality goes, but we are almost there. WP8 drops, we can bet they more people will flock. Spec alone gets people's attention. Once they see how much more capable it will be, I think with a year WP market share could rise a bit. At least I'm hoping. :p

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's also being proven for the Windows Phone cameras to be terrible with equal specs. The HTC one-X runs well enough but it has a lot of more features and apps than the WP8 version can dream, not to mention it will probably be 50 bucks on contract by the time those came out. Choosing the WP8 version will be being played for sucker.

:lol: You crack me up. Windows Phone has terrible camera? The HTC One line has TERRIBLE camera.

Just look at these pictures:

gsmarena_008.jpg

gsmarena_007.jpg

The cameras:

A. Nokia N8
B. Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III
C. HTC One X
D. Apple iPhone 4S
E. Nokia 808 PureView
F. Olympus PEN E-PL2

Yep, the One X is horrible

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
:lol: You crack me up. Windows Phone has terrible camera? The HTC One line has TERRIBLE camera.

Just look at these pictures:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

The cameras:

A. Nokia N8
B. Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III
C. HTC One X
D. Apple iPhone 4S
E. Nokia 808 PureView
F. Olympus PEN E-PL2

Yep, the One X is horrible

While many camera phones don't take landscape pics very well...wow the HTC One X isn't great at all. I looks alot of pics with it in the store and zoomed in. looked fine, but never took a landscape pic. eeeesh.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

R0JVS.gif

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If a good camera is what you are after, and you can wait a few months, there really isn't any question as to what you should be thinking about! NOTHING will compare to a Nokia Lumia PureView device, which Nokia has repeatedly hinted at. Competitors won't be getting anything like PureView due to IP restrictions.

A digital photography review site tested the Symbian based PureView device. Their conclusion:

"one of the most important innovations - arguable the most important - in mobile photography since the smarphone era dawned five or so years ago."

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have owned a few HTC devices. The hardware was usually good, but the drivers they paired with it were consistently terrible. While hardware specs tell us what a device can achieve, how close a device comes to realizing that potential is dependent on software (unfortunately for consumers, this isn't something easily expressed on a spec sheet).

Realizing that potential is something HTC (and most other OEM's) couldn't care less about. Their attitude tends to be: "if the drivers don't crash then they are good enough". I have even owned a HTC device without hardware accelerated 3D graphics support, even though the SoC had a GPU! The reason was that HTC cheaped out and decided not to license the GPU drivers. As a result, my navigation software just barely stuttered along instead of being buttery smooth.

I don't know why HTC has fallen so far behind Samsung. I'm sure it is not due to the complaints I have concerning low level OS software. But I will never again buy a HTC handset. Good riddance.

HTC's main problem is that they are a hardware company that is simply incompetent when it comes to software. All the while software is continually becoming an ever more important part of the smartphone development process. Nokia had the same problem. In HTC's position I would start a slow transition to WP8, effectively outsourcing HTC's OS related software development to Microsoft which isn't possible to the same extent when developing Android devices (Google offers source code which lacks all of the lower, hardware facing software layers which OEM's must develop themselves).

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
@a5cent. Could not have said it better myself. HTC: nice hardware - software, not so much. They are still my #2 despite their shortcomings.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh, please do post this evidence. I don't care if you're critical of Windows Phone, but I care when you have to lie in order to hold up your position.

GS2 camera compared to Focus S.
N9 camera compared to Lumia 900.
Vivid camera compared to Titan 1.

All of those are worse than their counterpart and the OS is the one to blame.

Even if WP8 is feature part with the other OS just the lack of apps alone will make choosing them a wiser decision, not to mention getting the real deal phones and not passionless copycats.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
GS2 camera compared to Focus S.
N9 camera compared to Lumia 900.
Vivid camera compared to Titan 1.

All of those are worse than their counterpart and the OS is the one to blame.

Even if WP8 is feature part with the other OS just the lack of apps alone will make choosing them a wiser decision, not to mention getting the real deal phones and not passionless copycats.

I'm sorry but that's not valid evidence. Do you have a source that compares this like the above poster did? Until then it's nonsense.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For me, HTC should just learn how to promote their devices after launch. It's like they launch and forget....that's a bad move for an OEM and also it's not all about specs and design, consuumers want support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon