Zune Pass won't work over cellular network

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So for about a few weeks now, zune pass doesn't work over towers. It says "Sorry, there is a problem with the network. Try again in a little while." I have the 900 on ST. It works over WIFI and on my computer. I can't imagine ST would have done anything considering I don't do much streaming or even get close to 2 gigs a month.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Edit: Other streaming like TuneIn works over cellular so I doubt it has anything to do with ST.

Last edited:

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
According to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fwww.straighttalk.com%2Fterms&token=TgLItDk3 - streaming is not allowed. I am sure they blocked access to Zune/Microsoft streaming theirselves. Although, I have brought this up with other forum members with ST and they said they stream all the time, so I guess it depends what you stream, but it is definitely one of the items they prohibit.

6. STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND MOBILE WEB ACCESS PLAN INTENDED USE: Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plans may ONLY be used with a Straight Talk handset for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the Straight Talk Mobile Web Service and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the Straight Talk Mobile Web Store. The Straight Talk Unlimited Plans MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (v) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her service terminated without notice or a refund.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that. So one more reason for me to NOT consider Straight Talk.

As ST can't block streaming per se, they probably simply block feeds from the big players including Zune. Although some 3rd party apps can still slip through, for now.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Sounders

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Probably block the ports for it and whatnot. Other people are able to slip through because they havent blocked them yet because they arent big enough to pop any red flags.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If you want streaming IMO you are best served by a real carrier. T-mobile monthly4G is still prepaid and they don't care what you do as long as you don't go over the limits in your plan then you're throttled. Most audio services still work over 2G. Maybe you should consider that.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with Straight Talk. I'm also on Straight Talk and it is working for me, I just tested it again to verify that it was still working and I'm able to stream everything.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with Straight Talk. I'm also on Straight Talk and it is working for me, I just tested it again to verify that it was still working and I'm able to stream everything.
So you are able to stream music using Zune Pass over Straight Talk. Just want to be sure we are on the same page.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
So you are able to stream music using Zune Pass over Straight Talk. Just want to be sure we are on the same page.

Yes, I can stream music from both iHeart Radio and from Zune over the Straight Talk network. I've had about an hour or so of streaming music last night just to make sure that it was working. I've not had any problems with streaming music or videos on Straight Talk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital