Update error 80070424

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I plugged in my Lumia today and it said there was an update..
But when I clicked to update, it errored out with number 80070424..

I tried the Microsoft FixIt app, but it still errors out..

How can I fix this?

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the same error code. Not much information using a Bing search, as it points to a Windows Update error and nothing regarding the phone.

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I find it hard to believe this has only happened to two people on this forum. I even did a hard reset and still can't update with the same error code. Although, the hard reset did seem to fix my Weather live tile issue.

Still... I would really love to update my OS. Can't anyone help?

jazzmine85

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
hey i had the same problem updating my windows phone.actually spending a whole day on this i finally found that the problem is with my laptop because when i tried installing windows updates on my laptop they failed too.so when i tried fixing that problem i came across another one that is i dint have BITS services in the services menu. i tried running miscrosoft fixit but it couldnt solve the problem today i came across this post in an other forum and tried the solution and it worked for me not only can i download and install windows updates on my laptop but also the zune update issue has resolved too .here is the link:
BITS not in services. - BleepingComputer.com
u have to follow this post
''download
BITS

Launch it,click YES

restart the PC and try to update''

but first go to services and check if can find the bits service in there if it is present u'll have to start it manually in my case it was absent from the list.
Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05