How hard would it be to move music purchased on a Windows Phone to another phone?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an Android, but my daughter is using my old Focus. We are on AT&T, and believe it or not, AT&T allows carrier billing on the Focus, but not on the HTC One X (grr). So I am wanting to buy an album on the Focus, then get it over to the One X. Can I just sync it to her Zune, then transfer via USB?

Any info on this mucho appreciated. Side note - the new Nokia looks nice, and I am tempted to jump ship to it just for Nokia Music.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If it was through the Zune store I believe all music is purchased through there (not using a Zune Pass is DRM Free so it would be as simple as syncing the device to Zune on the computer then syncing the other phone to the Zune software telling it you want that music on that device.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Let us know what happens if you try it. There are so many DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) regulations in the U.S. I am not sure what would happen.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's a very big pain in the ***. I lost about 280 songs due to all the DMCA. So now, I just buy all my music through Amazon that plays on anything that can play an MP3.

But I was buying songs from iTunes, Google, MS, and Amazon.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I bought a Skrillex "CD" from the Zune marketplace and threw it on my Pre 2 with no problems. It plays just fine.

I think I'm an old schooler though. I still buy CD's and rip to my PC... Only reason I bought that album from Zune was because it's only available as a digital download :(

LOL, just remembered that I posted a pic of my Pre 2 yesterday and it happened to be playing one of those downloaded songs... http://forums.windowscentral.com/1695678-post14.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon