Facebook push notifications not working?

Granty578

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've done a lot of googling and research and this appears to be a common problem, but I don't seem to be able to find a response that solves it?

I got a Nokia Lumia 800 a couple of days ago running Windows 7.5 and it says it is up to date.

However I've installed the FB app and set the push notifications to tile and toast but they never ever come through, even when left overnight. I've got the normal FB tile and the messages FB tile on my start screen.

I've tried logging out and in, reinstalling etc to no avail.

I know push notifications are working because Viber pushes them through.

I know I could just use the Me hub, but I've noticed I don't get messages in my threads from people on FB who choose to appear offline - so it makes it look like i'm being ignorant without constantly going back into the app.

Also, I've not had a mention on twitter but did get a direct message last night which also didn't push through.

Does anyone have any ideas? Slightly dissapointed so far.

Thanks in advance

James

AngryBritain

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this same issue - Lumia 800 on EE. FB nor Twitter push coming through, tried the same logging in and out/deleting reinstalling but nothing seems to have sorted it.

Very occasionally get one pushed through just to taunt me, but it's not consistent enough.

Very disappointing as I actually really like WP7, having got bored with iOS. I rely on these notifications for work so this could be a deal breaker for me :(

Shame. :dry

crigga84

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Same boat. Had Lumia 800 for a few days. Don't think I've even seen a toast notification for Facebook or anything else.

Shame because it's a beautifully designed device and it pushes my Gmail and Hotmail accounts so fast.

trikkk

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I didn't have this problem from the start, so it must be a conflict with some other apps installed. By the way, the Twitter app has also stopped working. Facebook gives toast notifications but with the famous by now, 10-15 minute delay. The tile though has completely frozen. Any ideas how this might be fixed? I see that people who posted these problems haven't reposted for a long time, so could it be that it is fixed for them?
Please inform me of a possible fix. It goes without saying that I've unistalled-installed the app a couple of times and yes, my setting on windows live includes facebook as well....

Tamellingham

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work for me either. Had the phone for five months. Installed, reinstalled, and tried over a dozen different Facebook apps. No joy. Put the Nokia Lumia in a drawer. USe a Blackberry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss