Maybe I've missed this somewhere, but has it been said whether apps purchased on your Windows Phone 7 device will be available on your 8 device with out having to repurchase?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    10-31-2012 04:35 PM
    Maybe I've missed this somewhere, but has it been said whether apps purchased on your Windows Phone 7 device will be available on your 8 device with out having to repurchase?

You'll be fine, no repurchasing required.
    10-31-2012 04:54 PM
    purchases are tied to your microsoft account. As long as you use the same account on Windows Phone 8 device you'll be fine.
    10-31-2012 06:03 PM
    If you have reset your device, try the app: Reinstaller. It's a gem.

BTW, in order for you to re-downloaded purchased apps, you will still be required to press 'Purchase'... you will then be prompted with a message informing you that you have already purchased this app - press install. :)
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    10-31-2012 06:09 PM
    Awesome to hear, thanks all!

11-02-2012 08:26 AM
    If you have reset your device, try the app: Reinstaller. It's a gem.

BTW, in order for you to re-downloaded purchased apps, you will still be required to press 'Purchase'... you will then be prompted with a message informing you that you have already purchased this app - press install. :)
    I can't find reinstaller in the store! Where did it go!?
    11-09-2012 04:45 PM
    I think I heard Reinstaller doesn't work on WP8 due to some API changes in the store or something. May have to do it from the windowsphone.com site.
    11-09-2012 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD