Apps with Tellme integration?

jbwpcentral

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
My windows phone 8 is coming in the mail and i was looking at what features Tellme had, when i came across the App "hey Dj" [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktkT3aRhkcA[/YT].
I was wondering what other apps integrate with Tellme?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The Hey DJ update for WP8 isn't there yet.

So far, out of all the apps I've installed, only Urbanspoon and Audible plug in to Tellme.

I still think it's ridiculous that Microsoft's own Xbox Music player doesn't plug into Tellme though; Hey DJ is great, but it only works with locally stored music, which limits its use for me.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey DJ! should be there. It is just that the free version doesn't support it, if you look at the app details.

Groupon (Nokia version at least) supports it, but it isn't too useful. I expect INRIX will get it soon because they demo'd it, but it doesn't look like the current version has it.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Hey DJ! should be there. It is just that the free version doesn't support it, if you look at the app details.

It's not for me. I have the paid version, and it hasn't updated yet to work with TellMe.

What I think you're referring to is "Setting to make the app go into listening mode when it starts for better hands free integration with TellMe."

What that does is different though; that was a WP7 feature, in which you would use TellMe to say "Open Hey DJ" and then it would open the app and the app would immediately start listening for a command as soon as it opened.

jbwpcentral

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

So far, out of all the apps I've installed, only Urbanspoon and Audible plug in to Tellme.

I still think it's ridiculous that Microsoft's own Xbox Music player doesn't plug into Tellme though; Hey DJ is great, but it only works with locally stored music, which limits its use for me.
It is so ridiculous, that is such a simple feature that even my iphone 4 does.

diegohca_wp

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

The 2.0 update for Hey DJ (which includes start button voice commands) is ready but it's hitting an issue with the store. I'm working with WP support to get that issue resolved ASAP. In the meantime I have an alternate beta link (send me a message via twitter "@diegohca" or at "support at punoz dot net").

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss