08-24-2013 03:31 PM
66 123
tools
    Hi Sandeep,

I am facing the same problem. ...
    I'm sure that MS will fix the problem with the next update. Until then, you can help you with the service of
    Voicemail Conversions: - Home

Best Regards
    Frank
    01-28-2013 01:29 AM
    Same issue here with shoretel system. I don't think there is a setting to have ShoreTel send a different file type. I knew we should've went with Asterisk system. Hoping MSFT fixes this soon.
    02-02-2013 12:35 PM
    Love our shoretel system, but this is def a msoft issue. Especially since it worked on wp7.
    02-27-2013 02:00 PM
    This is unfortunately an oversight by MS. A temporary work around is phone convert.com
    03-14-2013 11:43 AM
    I wish MSFT would acknowledge this issue and their plan to correct it or provide a workaround. Phoneconvert is not a great solution for a corp environment, especially when the functionality is available on other mobile platforms.
    04-06-2013 06:37 AM
    I just got a new lumia 620 and am having the same problem. I see all the posts here are last year. Has anyone heard anything recently?
    04-21-2013 11:59 AM
    Our organization has the same issues with Windows Phone 8 playback of our Cisco Unity voicemail, which uses the G.711 codec. As a result, we are moving to the PCM Linear codec on the Cisco Unity voicemail system to allow playback of enterprise voicemails retrieved from a Windows 8 phone. The G.711 and G.729 codec versions do not playback.
    05-03-2013 02:30 PM
    Our organization has the same issues with Windows Phone 8 playback of our Cisco Unity voicemail, which uses the G.711 codec. As a result, we are moving to the PCM Linear codec on the Cisco Unity voicemail system to allow playback of enterprise voicemails retrieved from a Windows 8 phone. The G.711 and G.729 codec versions do not playback.
    David, have you done alot of testing with that? The reason I ask is from what I have researched, PCM Linear is 16k per second for voicemails while G711 is only 8k per second. That means one minute of voicemail costs you around 480k of storage while PCM Linear will be around 960k per minute. So you could double your storage requirements.

It may or may not be a big deal, it will be interesting to hear how it works for you. I did post this in another thread, but Microsoft has told us it will be fixed. When they told us that, Portico was in the works and they said it would be after that so i'm hoping in their next "big" patch. We will see.
    avsef likes this.
    05-03-2013 02:36 PM
    My law firm just upgraded and converted to Shoretel last week. And I was on the phone committee! Getting email messages delivered to Outlook to be available remotely was a big factor in our decision to upgrade. And now I learn that I can't hear the messages on my 8X??? File type not supported. I can't believe this. Three of us have the 8X. One lawyer with an Android reports that he gets the .wav file and can play it on his Android. I'm on AT&T, my 8X is up to date. Not seeing anything here official from MS as to when/if this will be resolved.
    05-27-2013 06:03 PM
    One of my annoyances with using my Lumia and WP8.
    Schmitty63 likes this.
    05-27-2013 09:28 PM
    The company I work for uses Blackberrys and iPhones. I work in IT, so they've been testing my Windows Phone on their MDM. We use Cisco Unity (an old version, 7 I believe) and Windows had performed well for us. Then we noticed that I couldn't play voicemails. This is a huge headache.

I'm trying out phoneconvert.com but it seems like an issue that could have been fixed long ago.

If MS wants to get into the corporate environment, they need to compete with similar features of other phones. We are having a difficult time prying the iPhone out of users hands, if I hand them something that won't play their voicemails, we will lose all the traction we've created with WP8
    06-21-2013 08:30 AM
    The company I work for uses Blackberrys and iPhones. I work in IT, so they've been testing my Windows Phone on their MDM. We use Cisco Unity (an old version, 7 I believe) and Windows had performed well for us. Then we noticed that I couldn't play voicemails. This is a huge headache.

I'm trying out phoneconvert.com but it seems like an issue that could have been fixed long ago.

If MS wants to get into the corporate environment, they need to compete with similar features of other phones. We are having a difficult time prying the iPhone out of users hands, if I hand them something that won't play their voicemails, we will lose all the traction we've created with WP8
    You would think that this would be basic and obvious to all those geniuses at MS. I don't get it at all.
    06-24-2013 08:52 AM
    Good News

It looks like GDR2 fixes this issue. I can now play the wav files sent by our ShoreTel system.
    08-23-2013 03:18 PM
    You would think that this would be basic and obvious to all those geniuses at MS. I don't get it at all.
    FYI: Android still doesn't play those WAV files and how long have they been around? Good thing for 3rd party apps, but man do I hate telling my corporate users they need to download some ad filled app just to hear their VMs.
    08-23-2013 04:15 PM
    FYI: Android still doesn't play those WAV files and how long have they been around? Good thing for 3rd party apps, but man do I hate telling my corporate users they need to download some ad filled app just to hear their VMs.
    WP8 with GDR2 opens them like any other attachment. Works great.
    08-24-2013 08:59 AM
    ditto to above GDR2 fixed voice mail wav files for me.
    08-24-2013 03:31 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD