Many Google contacts not syncing with phone or Live Contacts

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
I am coming from Android and the Google world and do want to keep my e-mail account and contacts on that world while using a Lumia 710. However, some of my Google contacts don't show on my phone (syncing via my Gmail account which I added) or even Live Contacts when I try to view them on my computer (I have my Live account syncing with Google as well).

Here's one example: my dad. This is what his contact looks like in Google Contacts and also when I edit his name. Notice how last name is blank, but I don't think this is the problem. Again, I have many others in this same case.

Luckily, when I'm composing a text or e-mail, I can always search for contacts on the server (gmail.com) and I, ironically, can find them, but this is a hassle.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
You need to add the people to "My Contacts" inside gmail to get your phone to download them. At least, that's the way it works on my phone. Find a contact that's on your phone from gmail, and look to see that he is in "My Contacts". Bet he is. Your dad is not, that I can see.

Eg, I have several hundred google 'contacts' that I've emailed once. But the only ones downloaded to my phone are in the group "My Contacts". Also, groups created inside gmail (like your Family group) are not synced to your phone. WP7 contact groups must be created within the phone. The good news is that you can select checkboxes in your gmail contact list and say "add to My Contacts". Likewise, any contact group created on your phone will not sync to gmail and be a new group there.

Duncan H

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Really helpful post re syncing google contacts with phone...

Previously had lots of contacts on Google (which were created on phone, but which were then automatically being deleted from phone... bizarrely.) Thanks to post now added all to "My Contacts" - and all contacts now synced back with phone...

However my phone has still retained some old contacts / duplicates. Basically i'd like phone contacts to be exactly as Google contacts. any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss