Kindle sideloading?

Colin Perkins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to sideload books onto the kindle app for WP8? on my lumia 820 I have created a folder called kindle on both the sd and phone but doesn't seem to work anyone got it working?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I seriously doubt it. Actual Kindle hardware doesn't even support this AFAIK. Amazon likes their DRM too much. That said, there may be another reader app for WP8 that would allow you to side load ePub. If not, then I bet there will be before too long.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I seriously doubt it. Actual Kindle hardware doesn't even support this AFAIK. Amazon likes their DRM too much. That said, there may be another reader app for WP8 that would allow you to side load ePub. If not, then I bet there will be before too long.
Actual Kindle hardware supports sideloading of PDFs and epub files. Apps on non-amazon hardware...doubtful.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Sideloading worked on my unlocked LG quantum under tango. I was able to upload books into the apps isolated storage using WP power tools and read them fine in the kindle app. i do the same on my hp touchpad. Just a matter of time until wp8 gets hacked...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I understand the OP's situation, as I have a lot of books from oreilly.com. Yes, they do sideload into Kindle hardware, as philpeeps said. I have not tried sideloading with the Kindle app, though, so I cannot say that it does or doesn't work. What I've done, though, is throw them up onto my SkyDrive, and use Freda to read them. It would be interesting to know if you can read the ePub books with the Kindle app (I can't try it right now, as I'm at work, and my work computer encrypts anything copied from the PC), but I kind of doubt it. It would take extra development to add the ability to read other formats beside the Kindle proprietary format, and given that they don't give you a way to get other books into the app, I doubt that they added code to read other books.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05