Lumia 820 - only able to connect to Internet via wifi

wake6

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Windows phone having bought a Nokia Lumia 820 on pay as you go from O2 (in the UK) 3 days ago. Love the phone so far but I have a problem. I can browse the Internet and download e-mail fine when connected to the Internet via wifi.

But when I leave the house I am unable to although I can make calls and send texts OK. Internet Explorer gives the error "cannot find server or DNS error". E-mail gives the error "we're having a problem downloading messages. Make sure you have a connection and your account information is correct, then try again. Error code: 80072F30".

Under settings/system/mobile network I have data connection set to "on".

I have tried Google searches and searching this forum but cannot find the answer. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question or if it is answered elsewhere. Help greatly received.

Thank you

Rob Morgan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Try running the Nokia Setup application that should be on your phone, this should then populate all the correct APN and mobile network settings in your Nokia 820. Also make sure your PAYG SIM is data enabled, sometimes they aren't by default so you don't use up all our PAYG credit without realising.

wake6

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Rob. I couldn't find the Nokia set up but a bit of Googling on APNs led me to settings/access point where I selected "O2 - UK prepaid" and now it all works.

I remember now that when I got my Android phone 2? yrs ago on O2 pay as you go I had the same problem until I manually entered a different APN.

Thank you.

eohall1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi I cannot find anything on how to set my apn its an absolute nightmare! Can you help? do you remember exactly what you did to set it up?

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Create a new Internet APN called O2 manual.
The access point is either: payandgo.o2.co.uk or wap.o2.co.uk
the username is either: payandgo or o2wap
Leave password blank
Proxy address: 193.113.200.195
Proxy port: 8080
I don't use MMS so can't help with that.
These settings worked for me.

James Leigh

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi , I'm a contract customer and although my phone constantly shows connection to 3G and H , i can never use the internet on my phone.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
hi there, i have the same issues, at first i thought i had the dreaded skype issues messing up the phone, its 3 times i have hard reset the phone and wasted hours setting the damn thing up again. I'm a blackberry user fo 10 years and i love the phone but this is putting me off. going to give it one more go or i;m going to switch again. kids and wife have a iphone and as much as i dont like it, at least i can do video calls and whatsapp etc.

any help or suggestion please.

Deborah Jemson

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
bless u i hope this helps i ad same problem.have u got a hotmail account if so log in2 microsoft with same info u will then connect to microsoft server to access all windows applications & outside connections to any windos app u need to b on microsoft network.no matter ur home network. u need ther firewall & microsoft security & anti- malware & phishing.if u use o2 or agv or any other security it will conflict & close microsoft.
:wink::wink:if no hotmaiul account go direct to microsoft log on page it all works just as a windows laptop or p,c wud.

avmaro25

May 10, 2013
Visit site
helo,i bought nokia lumia 820 last week,i try to connect internet but its fail.always there sms comes says WIFI is on,would you want to connect i answer YES.again sms comes WE CAN'T CONNECT TO SEARCH THIS MOMENT.
MAKE SURE FLIGHT MODE IS TURNED OFF AND CHECK YOUR MOBILE DATA OR WIFI CONNECTION
please help me,am stuck now

Agy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk