Hotmail sync query

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why when using a Hotmail account on WP8 that there isn't an option to sync manually?
It's there on my work Outlook account but has been replaced by Daily in the sync settings under Hotmail. This wasn't an issue in WP7 and I can't see any reason why MS would have changed it.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
bump. this is also my question! curiously, i can sync a second hotmail/live account manually but not my primary hotmail account. thoughts?

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah. Just in case you misunderstand, I can sync the mail manually when i open the mail app as normal, however, within the sync settings there is not a sync manually option. I only have 'as items arrive - every 15 mins- every 30 mins- hourly - daily' no 'manually' option. My second hotmail account pinned on the phone allows me to select that option, and is currently set like so. I'm curious as to why this is...

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ah. Just in case you misunderstand, I can sync the mail manually when i open the mail app as normal, however, within the sync settings there is not a sync manually option. I only have 'as items arrive - every 15 mins- every 30 mins- hourly - daily' no 'manually' option. My second hotmail account pinned on the phone allows me to select that option, and is currently set like so. I'm curious as to why this is...

Oops, my bad. I misunderstood. Right, it's not there...

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
no worries, I didnt word my reply well! However the issue seems really odd to me. Particularly, when the manual sync option is present on my second hotmail account! hmm...

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It only happens to primary Windows account where all your phone settings and SMSs are backed up to. I suspect it is by design since the phone needs to back up so many things to that account anyway. They don't want you to have a misconception that if you set it to sync manually, there will be no data usage as long as you don't sync the mail.

I suspect the phone is designed to backup to the primary account at least once a day. Hence, they limit you to sync emails at least once a day. It will be silly not to sync the mails while it is storing stuff into the main mail account.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the explanation there. Where can i see the backed up sms's via my hotmail/outlook? They are set to back up iirc. Or is this to literally back up a new handset upon replacing/upgrading etc? ie they're not necessarily viewable via the web.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The backed up SMS is hidden from web view. But there are quite a few threads here about how to hack the URL to view them. Do a search.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Most of the hacks didn't work for me either but one of them worked (but forgot which one) and I saw all my SMSs. So, they are there. :) That's all I care for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon