hey guys

sorry to bother everyone, i've tried searching the forums and google.....couldn't find an answer. i have an htc 8x....have an outlook and gmail account set up. however, anytime i get an email on either account, i don't get notified....no vibrate, no sound, no touch notification. i typically leave my phone on vibrate, and i'd love for it to vibrate when i get an email. i thought this worked the first day i had it, but for some reason it's not doing it now.

any help or insight would be appreciated.

oh yeah and i'm on verizon.
    Harmdizzle likes this.
    11-29-2012 10:56 PM
    I don't think there is an option for vibrate only for email. you can select a tone or nothing.
    11-29-2012 11:04 PM
    ugh. i could have sworn it was working.....but then again, i also own a unicorn.
    11-29-2012 11:31 PM
    hey guys

sorry to bother everyone, i've tried searching the forums and google.....couldn't find an answer. i have an htc 8x....have an outlook and gmail account set up. however, anytime i get an email on either account, i don't get notified....no vibrate, no sound, no touch notification. i typically leave my phone on vibrate, and i'd love for it to vibrate when i get an email. i thought this worked the first day i had it, but for some reason it's not doing it now.

any help or insight would be appreciated.

oh yeah and i'm on verizon.
    Mine vibrates if I select any sound. The default I believe has no alert set for email.
    11-29-2012 11:33 PM
    thanks for the insight. i actually solved my problem in a weird way....
    in troubleshooting my 'no vibrate on email' issue, i ended up doing a factory reset on my phone. because of that, the win8 metro "windows phone" app saw my phone's name as "windows phone 8x" instead of "poots 8x" (which i did when i first installed the metro win8 app). so....i uninstalled and reinstalled the metro win8 app. once that was done, i renamed it "poots 8x" and then copied some music onto my phone (both as mp3s to listen to). next thing i know, there is a setting within sounds that says "email sound." i set it to some generic windows sound, but put my phone on vibrate only. i sent myself a test email, and now my phone vibrates to let me know i have a new email.

weird stuff.
    11-30-2012 02:16 AM
    So you can set a specific email account to Vibrate only while other notifications and incoming calls play sound and ring? Are you sure???
    05-01-2013 02:39 PM