Backing up data on WP7

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for help in backing up data, specifically text messages on my htc arrive.

I tried running WP7 Easy Backup but keep getting the error message 'There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools'. When I try to download and use the WPST application, it won't run the 32 bit version on my 64 bit Win7 machine(obviously) and I cannot find a 64 bit version of this program anywhere.

Is there another solution to this problem? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

-Doc

chaitanya91845

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone unlocked? If yes, you could install a homebrew app called SMSBackup, which allows you to back up SMS to your SkyDrive account.
Note that it does not allow you to import SMS back to your phone. I do not think that it is possible anyway.
Also, you might need to install WP7 Root Tools to give SMSBAckup "Trusted" access to your phone.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone unlocked? If yes, you could install a homebrew app called SMSBackup, which allows you to back up SMS to your SkyDrive account.
Note that it does not allow you to import SMS back to your phone. I do not think that it is possible anyway.
Also, you might need to install WP7 Root Tools to give SMSBAckup "Trusted" access to your phone.

Is it possible to unlock an LG Optimus 7 E900? (Updated to Tango, but received it pre-mango (NoDo?))

XDA is sort of beyond me and I'm rather afraid of that place, but I myself am rather desperate to get my SMS off my phone.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It seems to me to be a bit pointless to back up your SMS's if you can't restore them! What's the point; to be able to read through them on your PC?

I've been curious about this whole backup thing. I just ordered a Nokia Lumia 710. Since I'm on prepaid that's what I could afford. I'm new to the modern WP; my last was WM 6.1. With WP7.5, is there a way to do a full backup, like Android's Nandroid or Apple's iTunes?

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Guys- thanks for the replys. I mentioned in my original post that there is already a great backup tool called wp7easybackup. I just can't get it to work because I need win support tools which I cannot find in a 64bit flavor.

Thanks

-Doc

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to unlock an LG Optimus 7 E900? (Updated to Tango, but received it pre-mango (NoDo?))

XDA is sort of beyond me and I'm rather afraid of that place, but I myself am rather desperate to get my SMS off my phone.

I just want to say since this post I have unlocked my phone, backed up my SMS and installed many homebrew apps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo