Maybe dumb question, but how do you make the last song playing GO AWAY

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
If I stop a song or playlist, the last song playing pops up EVERY time I hit the volume rocker until I reboot the phone. I can not seem to find a way to make the song close. One major issue I have with this is that as long as that song is up there, if my volume rocker is hit while the phone is in my pocket it adjust the volume, even with the screen turned off (it actually turns the screen on when you hit the volume rocker and music is live). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn't think they would make you reboot your phone to kill a song, so I must be doing something wrong.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Playing a video will remove it from your volume title bar. I have recorded a 2 second video clip that I play whenever I want to remove that last played song from the title bar. I think there's a WP8 compatible app that does this too, but playing any video does the trick.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have to get an APP for this?!?

Pre3 stares at me from corner, grins and quietly sends a chuckle in my direction....

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to get an APP for this?!?

Pre3 stares at me from corner, grins and quietly sends a chuckle in my direction....

But, importantly, you have options to address this:
- Install an app
- Play a video
- Restart the phone
- Let it stay on the volume bar for quick resume

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just close the music app? (back out of it)

It doesn't really matter since it's not taking any CPU or battery while paused. 'Pause' is essentially synnonymous with 'Stop but remember where I stopped to allow resume when I press 'Play' again' on this platform. The only reason to actually remove it is if you don't want to see it for some reason... otherwise, you can just get used to the last song being in the volume control bar.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The best solution would be to have the ability to swipe it away like a toast if you don't want it. Should be easy for MS to impliment.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
To the OP: Not being able to make your last played track "go away" has been a hot topic since WP7 was released. It annoys the **** out of some people (myself included) and others have no problem with it. I installed Stop the Music! but ended up not using it much because I got used to the way things work with WP.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't really matter since it's not taking any CPU or battery while paused. 'Pause' is essentially synnonymous with 'Stop but remember where I stopped to allow resume when I press 'Play' again' on this platform. The only reason to actually remove it is if you don't want to see it for some reason... otherwise, you can just get used to the last song being in the volume control bar.

There are two problems:
1. accidentally hitting play
2. as long as the song is active, my volume rocker adjusts volume even with the screen off

I got stop the music...but honestly, MS needs to fix this. This is kind of like the "Our research shows people don't want to close apps" I got when asking about throwing cards off of the "card view" instead of having to close each app individually.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping they do fix it tbh. I LOVE the Swipe to Remove idea. Swipe your finger from left to right to swipe it away. Then it's just like swiping away a toast notification. Would feel very Metro.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually, now that I've played with it for a bit, opening some of the apps will make it go away too. For instance, the weather channel is one of them.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it just clears out after some time, it is one of the changes they made in WP8. That said, I have no problem with how it works. All of the Microsoft music apps (Zune, Xbox Music) have pause button instead of stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit