How can I sync with my yahoo calendar?

Belfastflyer

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
I'm going to be jumping ship to WP8 in the new year. However the big issue for me (and for me personally it is a big issue) is it possible to sync the phones calendar with my yahoo calendar?

IPhone does it a treat and android has an app is perfect. Does wp8 cover it?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When you add a Yahoo! account through the email and accounts settings it does not have an option to sync calendar like it does for Outlook or gmail. I'm not sure if there is a way to do it through IMAP or if Yahoo has an app.

Aeyoun

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You cannot do this via IMAP. IMAP is for syncing email (and drafts/notes).

You could sync your calendar with Yahoo! services if only Microsoft would add support for the CalDAV protocol. Everyone except Microsoft seems to support that these days.

See the news spectacle about how Google will only support CalDAV starting in January and how this affects Windows Phone and Windows 8.

Tino Soria

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
HI,
I was also have the problem after I switched to Windows Phone 8. I like Nokia phones but I am feeling the problems with switching due to them not working nice together. I have been able to get my Yahoo calendar and other calendar to show up in my Windows Phone 8.

Here is the work around.
1. Go into your Yahoo account on a desktop and share your calendar. I gave view and edit permissions on the share. This will give you 2 URLs the Web and Ical URL. Email the info to your Microsoft account.

2. Now login to your Microsoft account open your calendar and import a calendar.
3. Under import Calendar on the right column you will see Import and Subscribe. Select Subscribe
4. NOw on the right you past the Ical URL .. Give the Calendar a name (I picked Yahoo then my name) This is the name that will show up on the phone.
You can pick the color and charm. This will only show up on the desktop version of calendar.
5. when down click subscribe.

6. Now back to your phone go under Settings, Email & account
7. Sync your microsoft account.
8. Go under calendar on your phone and bottom right click "..." Settings.
9. You should see the name you gave the yahoo calendar under Microsoft. Make sure it is ON and pick a color.

Now you can have your yahoo calendar.
This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

The only issue I am currently having is the Yahoo mail only syncs every 15 minutes unless I do it manually. If you dev you can create a app/service to check for you that runs in the background.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes