Some news for Wind Mobile Canada

secretagentman44

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I work at Wind Mobile's corporate office and i can say that I am fan of Windows phone so I am usually on the lookout to see if Wind will be getting any new phones. Unfortunately I am not someone high up enough to know which devices will be coming in the future. There are people in management who do know but no one really wants to do too much snooping with those types.

At a recent holiday event I did have a chance to talk to one of the higher-ups and ask about any future Windows Phone 8 devices. There was some good news and some bad news.

The bad news was first when I even brought up Windows Phone the guy I spoke to kind of laughed and said "no one wants Windows Mobile... blah blah... Android is the future". At that point I thought of dropping the conversation and walking away. He did say that there was not as much demand for low end Windows phones as there was for low end Android devices with Wind customers. He also added that new WP8 devices won't be on their list until possibly February or March.

The sort of good news was that he mentioned they would be getting a low-end device from HTC (most likely the 8S), a mid range Samsung device (not likely the ATIV S) and a mid-range 800-series Nokia phone. I asked if it was the Lumia 810 as that was an AWS capable phone but he said no, it would be a something else. I asked if they would eventually get the 920 and he said that they won't decide on that until Rogers' exclusivity ends and how the demand for that phone is after 6 months.

That's all i have for now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923