For gods sake Microsoft, create a Facebook app that doesn't SUCK already!!

BENNIEV

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a big "Facebooker" but I get tired of opening Facebook and starting to read a post when the screen updates and the post I was reading disappears! Then, I scroll down to find about 10 recent posts and then posts from 2 days ago!!

I'm about as "Pro Microsoft" as they come but c'mon guys, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on that piece of CRAP!

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If you want a true FB experience, it will never come from Microsoft due to FB API limitations and user privacy limitations for 3rd party apps...

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Use the desktop site that's what I use much better than the clunky windows phone Facebook or try and find a decent 3rd party app theirs plenty on the marketplace ;)

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
They already did. It's in the Marketplace. It works great for me... and many others.
It works OK. However since it is a 3rd party app, there are persons whose FB statuses do not show if they have restricted access by 3rd party apps. Also, 3rd party apps do not respect game notification block settings. As a result, the desktop/browser timeline view can look very different on each app at the same time depending on how your friends setup their privacy options and how many friends you have that play games. It is a problem on all 3rd party FB apps that aren't just wrappers of the mobile site. People Hub, WP8 MS FB app, webOS Touchpad FB app, etc...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
They got the UI, but now need to add all the basic features. Come on, it doesn't take over a year to add a single new feature.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I disabled my Facebook partly for this reason. I wish there was an alternative to Facebook that everybody would migrate to.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook App and the Me Tile pretty much suck with Facebook for the reason others have mentioned.... 3rd party apps do not seem to respect alot of the settings, mainly the game notifications. I want the apps and me tile to display what it displays on the website.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a big "Facebooker" but I get tired of opening Facebook and starting to read a post when the screen updates and the post I was reading disappears! Then, I scroll down to find about 10 recent posts and then posts from 2 days ago!!

I'm about as "Pro Microsoft" as they come but c'mon guys, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on that piece of CRAP!

I think you meant to post this on Microsoft forums as you addressed your post to them. I am not very sure if anyone at Windows Phone Central also works at Microsoft, but if they do, you might have just done the right thing.

Assuming no one from this forum works at Microsoft, your voice will be better echoed if you tried to post here : Feature Suggestions: Applications (1858 ideas)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It works OK. However since it is a 3rd party app, there are persons whose FB statuses do not show if they have restricted access by 3rd party apps. Also, 3rd party apps do not respect game notification block settings. As a result, the desktop/browser timeline view can look very different on each app at the same time depending on how your friends setup their privacy options and how many friends you have that play games. It is a problem on all 3rd party FB apps that aren't just wrappers of the mobile site. People Hub, WP8 MS FB app, webOS Touchpad FB app, etc...
Yep! I immediately noticed the difference when I started using the iOS version of the Facebook app. One thing, though, is that in the iOS app, you get ads in your news feed. I didn't get those on the WP7 app...

I disabled my Facebook partly for this reason. I wish there was an alternative to Facebook that everybody would migrate to.
I'd like that as well, but the problem is that when everyone migrates, the same bad habits that people have (e.g. asking you to share stuff you don't care about, etc) will migrate along with it.

I want the apps and me tile to display what it displays on the website.
The Holy Grail. That would be so sweet.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The auto-refresh is annoying, but that's really the only issue. That doesn't mean is sucks.
It only affects the NEWS feed. You should be using the People Hub "what's new" for that anyway.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

more importantly, where's the yelp app? You can't even remedy it by going to the website because it launches you to the full site if you go to yelp on the browser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes