People who claim Facebook chat works for them; try this

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people say they experience no problems with Facebook chat. I'd like it if one of you tries the following and see if it works:
  • Have someone who is appearing offline send you a message. Do you receive it in the messaging hub?
  • Go offline yourself, have someone send you messages. Then appear online and see if you receive all those messages.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The first one works as you describe.The problem is that you cant do it the other way round, meaning you cannot send to an offline contact.
If you set offline on your phone you are really off the line.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
You can still send a message to someone who's offline, but they won't get it till they sign back online. My wife and I do this all the time.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The first one works as you describe.The problem is that you cant do it the other way round, meaning you cannot send to an offline contact.
If you set offline on your phone you are really off the line.
It's the opposite for me. I can send messages to people who are offline. But I can't receive messages from people who are offline (appearing offline)

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My only problem is that it disconnects when the screen turns off and I won't get any messages until I unlock my screen.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's the opposite for me. I can send messages to people who are offline. But I can't receive messages from people who are offline (appearing offline)
how did you do it? It should just alert you the person is offline and will not be sent until the person is back online. This is not the right way IMO, its how it work by design.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
how did you do it? It should just alert you the person is offline and will not be sent until the person is back online. This is not the right way IMO, its how it work by design.
It depends. On some contacts if the contact is offline it will show 'on mobile', then you will be able to send an offline message.

Sahil Oberoi

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys..

I am also not able to recieve messages through the inbuilt fb chat service using Hotmail account..

Just got my phn updated..Still no incoming msgs..What to do??
Ane solutions???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes