Calling on a WP7 phone from a doc or xls file?

anon5723001

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to get a WP7 phone to hyperlink phone numbers in doc or xls files? My iPhone did it without jumping through any special hoops. But, the windowsphone is a better phone (not a good of a toy, though).

Is it something I have to do within MSOffice before putting them on my phone? I don't use the Skything. . . . the information is sensitive and private. I don't trust sending it "up somewhere".

I have several xls and doc files on my wp7 phone that I need to call from. I need to find a way to get the phone to recognize a phone number and hyperlink it so I can tap it to call that number. I'm sure it can be done. I just hope without too much hoop jumping.

I really don't want to go back to my iPhone 3gs, but I don't want to kill myself or someone else trying to write down phone numbers from my phone, so I can then call them from my phone while I'm driving down the road.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If nobody responds, then chances are there's no way to do it, or nobody knows how. Either way, posting insults is probably not going to get you a response that you're looking for.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about how to make it show up as a hyperlink, but sometimes I just click the number, (it automatically highlights)and copy it into caller app. It can be annoying if you're not used to it, but it's easier than hubting down a pen and writing it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6