Best IE10 alternative web browser?

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I know it doesn't have chrome (for some reason, Google is being an a** to the platform has seen by the map thing they did). I've tried the OS (my cousin has one, It's fantastic).

However, I need a browser that can use at least 10 tabs (though, I could settle for 8 if I had to). What i'm asking is are there any platform specific browser's in the WP app store that allow this?

there are alternative web browsers like UC browser,Surfcube 3D browser,Metro browser

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The best one is UCBrowser. Very happy with it and it doesnt reload tabs stupidly like the built-in IE10. The maximum is 6 tabs. If you need more and better multi tasking capability, switch to Android lol.

franssales

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I used UC Browser, until something changed, and UC Browser dims the display so dark that it is very difficult to do anything meaningful. The same happened to YouTube Downloader.

I returned to IE10. Nothing wrong with it either.

frooglepoopillion

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there a browser out there that will sync bookmarks with Chrome or IE? I don't mind IE, but coming from Chrome I would really like that feature (please implement this in the next IE MS!). Otherwise, perfect browser.

emagius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I used UC Browser, until something changed, and UC Browser dims the display so dark that it is very difficult to do anything meaningful. The same happened to YouTube Downloader.

I returned to IE10. Nothing wrong with it either.

Have you turned on the night mode setting? The screen is dimmed significantly in that mode.

Keerthika Sivakumar

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

i am new to this forum as well as windows mobile. i like to know is there any httpwatch kind of tool for windows mobile or any pluggin integrated with browsers?

majd_selbi

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
just tried UC browser and it looks fantastic, actually one of the most organized WP apps I have seen, it kinda makes sense out of the weird "back" button, and yes it has private browsing

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm always on private browsing so that it doesn't store cache, history ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
just tried UC browser and it looks fantastic, actually one of the most organized WP apps I have seen, it kinda makes sense out of the weird "back" button, and yes it has private browsing

Except it keeps crashing all the time :( Maybe it needs 1gb of ram i don't know. It's ultra fast when it works though, like 3, 4 times faster then IE.
It doesn't render full websites well to, double tapping doesn't zoom in for a readable experience..

Peter Wiktorowski

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
UC browser is really good, Maxthon is also promissing, though very fresh to WP so still missing couple things.
However for this to relly work MSFT should enable switching default browser, IE is annoying but links from all 3rd party apps get opend in IE which is a pian in the ...

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
UC is definitely the best out there for now. But I would watch out for Maxthon as well, initial release is quite impressive, but not as polished and feature-packed as UC. Their Android version is one of the most popular one on the platform though.

Goliwog

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You may want to give Touch Browser a try. It got tab browsing,browser orientation lock, browse full screen, save pages for offline viewing and more.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Must just be me but I'm rather satisfied with the performance of mobile IE, truth be. I suppose needing more than six tabs (wow) would be a problem :\

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
IE would still be the best one for me. It doesn't crash on my phone than UC Browser does, and when playing video it is ultra fast :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital