Typing and Auto fixing

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I use the App Line alot to text with my friends. I use to have an Iphone and as you were typing the iphone would fix obviouse spelling mistakes and fat finger issues ex. jouse would be fixed to house, exhange would be fixed to exchange and etc. My wp8 lumia 920 dosent do that. I get the suggestion words at the top of the keyboard but it never seems to auto correct any of the words. Is this normal? i have it set for english (United States) language with all the features turned on.

Thx guys

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
If the autocorrect suggestion bar is fairly sure of which word you meant, it will show the suggested word in bold along with other possible words. If it isn't sure, none of the suggested words will be shown in bold. When there is a bold word, pressing the space bar replaces the word you typed with the bold word. Where there is no bold word, YOU get to decide if the phone should replace your typing with one of the suggestions or if it should leave your typing as-is; you pick one of the suggestions by tapping it.

Note, whether a word is replaced automatically or manually, tapping the word makes the suggestion bar reappear along with the original typed word and the suggestions. This lets you revert to your typing or choose a different replacement word. Also, one of the entries will be your typing with a plus sign ("+") in front of it; tapping that adds the word to your typing dictionary.

One more thing: sometimes the autocorrect suggestion bar does not show because the app programmer asked that it be hidden. If that is the case with this app, there's nothing that you can do except contact the developers to ask that they stop disabling typing suggestions.

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to get WP8 to save my email address as a suggestion. This would save a lot of time as I always seem to be typing (pecking) it.
Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99