So the rumors are Facebook wants to bring their Home who "puts people first" to iOS and Windows Phon

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2013...home-to-iphone-and-windows-phone/?fromcat=all

"Zuckerberg added that Facebook has a ?good relationship? with Apple. The two companies teamed up last year to add deep integration of Facebook into iOS 6."

What's funny is that the article never mentions about windows phone at all even though the title mentions Microsoft. Talking about integration, they fail to mention about fb integration that happened more than 2 years ago :p
Anyways I want to ask WP users this, should Microsoft improve their social network integration for deeper integration or adopt the Home portal in some ways to the operating system?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: So the rumors are Facebook wants to bring their Home who "puts people first" to iOS and Windows

There is now an update to the article that says they are not in talks with Microsoft or Apple. Update also says they have good relationships with both companies.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: So the rumors are Facebook wants to bring their Home who "puts people first" to iOS and Windows

Facebook home is silly. Why do we need to turn a phone into a specialized phone just for one application? I use email, texts, facebook, etc and I don't want my phone just optimized for one thing. Maybe I missed the point, but if People hub gets more features, I will never want or need Facebook Home.

Kha Nhan de Psyko

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I don't want Facebook Home to come over and ruin People Hub, but as an avid Facebook user, that Facebook chat function is so damn sexy.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

It's the last thing I want on my phone. I hate the way FB and Zuckertwat dictates to me how I should be interacting with my friends. I hardly ever use it anymore, same for most of friends.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

It's the last thing I want on my phone. I hate the way FB and Zuckertwat dictates to me how I should be interacting with my friends. I hardly ever use it anymore, same for most of friends.

Well Home can be turned off so I don't see how they are dictating the users?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

MS would never allow this.

The phrase 'puts people first' was originally quoted by the designers of WP. As in everything Zuckerberg does: 'steal and modify' then make a billion dollars of someone else's idea!!!

Microsoft are a bit too savvy to allow this sort of piggy backing. FB is already integrated into WP. We don't need any more of this crap!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Unlike those blinded by hatred for FB I can see how Home can be an attractive addition to WP. If we were being honest, the FB integration in WP is lacking and combined with the poor app the total experience is behind what you can get on other platforms. Mainly from the standpoint of WP being seen as a major player Home would be a good addition but implemented as a FB application hub on its own. That way it can be downloaded by those who want it, it doesnt take over the OS (which MS doesnt want) and users can switch to the platform and have the same experience they had on their previous phones.

Blindly ranting against it however, would seem to be counterproductive in much the same way so many people are ranting against instagram. Consumers want something so let the platform have it, if you dont like it dont use it. Simple.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site

I am not Facebook's biggest fan, but I hope MS and Facebook do strengthen their relationship. It would only mean a better experience on WP & Windows with better support for the end user, with apps and or People Hub/Me Tile, or possibly a new skin. :smile:

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

we don't need this crap on Windows Phone, what we do need is a proper facebook app and facebook messenger would be nice too

jlambo

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

Nah that's ok Facebook.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing that MSFT and Apple would make FB pay dearly for such integration into the core OS.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

This and google glass are just products with very little benefit designed to get adverts right in your face. Google glass, in particular, had some serious privacy implications. Facebook home is more of an annoyance.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Everything is welcome as long as it attracts new users & is optional, there are big time Fb addicts out there
(OH, certainly not me!).

ninny1176

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

It wouldn't happen...WP has already built itself around the "people first" concept which if they were to allow FB Home on the WP devices that would mean only "Facebook People First" | iOS isn't about to give up any real estate to anyone else but Apple.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Facebook home is silly. Why do we need to turn a phone into a specialized phone just for one application? I use email, texts, facebook, etc and I don't want my phone just optimized for one thing. Maybe I missed the point, but if People hub gets more features, I will never want or need Facebook Home.

I totally agree with you.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

There is now an update to the article that says they are not in talks with Microsoft or Apple. Update also says they have good relationships with both companies.

The relationship is so good, they blessed us with a superb FB app. lol

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Unlike those blinded by hatred for FB I can see how Home can be an attractive addition to WP. If we were being honest, the FB integration in WP is lacking and combined with the poor app the total experience is behind what you can get on other platforms. Mainly from the standpoint of WP being seen as a major player Home would be a good addition but implemented as a FB application hub on its own. That way it can be downloaded by those who want it, it doesnt take over the OS (which MS doesnt want) and users can switch to the platform and have the same experience they had on their previous phones.

Blindly ranting against it however, would seem to be counterproductive in much the same way so many people are ranting against instagram. Consumers want something so let the platform have it, if you dont like it dont use it. Simple.

You sir read my mind. I was thinking the same.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i believe we don't need Home but improved People Hub and a better FB app from MS or an official one!

what's the point of Home for WP if we have FB integration? surely it doesen't deliver a full experience but with improvements, such as sharing and seeing your groups, it would be better than a Home app imo

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

i believe we don't need Home but improved People Hub and a better FB app from MS or an official one!

what's the point of Home for WP if we have FB integration? surely it doesen't deliver a full experience but with improvements, such as sharing and seeing your groups, it would be better than a Home app imo

Don't get me wrong, the idea of social network integrations were brilliant idea back in 2010 windows phone 7 days. Now it is showing its age. Microsoft never brought AIM or any other IM clients to messaging hub as they said. Me hub still doesn't let you tag friends while updating new statuses. I'm annoyed that Microsoft didn't do anything to improve the integrations except when they introduced tagging your friends on pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes