when I click on any video to play on youtube website, a message pops up "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?". An dthen it looks into the store and returns no results.

Is this problem with me only or others also?
    How to stream videos from youtube?
    04-28-2013 01:31 AM
    Search for Microsoft Youtube and install it.
    04-28-2013 01:36 AM
    when I click on any video to play on youtube website, a message pops up "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?". An dthen it looks into the store and returns no results.

Is this problem with me only or others also?
    How to stream videos from youtube?
    If you are using the youtube program provided by MS, which just opens up IE & goes to m.youtube.com, make sure your IE settings are set to display mobile version not desktop. My guess is that set to display the desktop version m.youtube.com tries to load the flash video version of the video, and the software it wants you to load is adobe flash which doesn't exist on WP.
    04-28-2013 02:11 PM
    Buy Metrotube app
    04-28-2013 02:48 PM
    I am facing the same problem.. I have tried switching desktop/mobile version website, but with no results..
    I think, the problem is occuring, after the latest phone update...
    04-29-2013 07:58 AM
    If you are using the youtube program provided by MS, which just opens up IE & goes to m.youtube.com, make sure your IE settings are set to display mobile version not desktop. My guess is that set to display the desktop version m.youtube.com tries to load the flash video version of the video, and the software it wants you to load is adobe flash which doesn't exist on WP.
    No, I am using ie in "mobile version" mode, and the same error continues.
    04-29-2013 08:49 AM
    Same problem for me. I'm based in Denmark and know other Danes to have the exact same problem. It does seem like a restricted issue, since there's not much buzz about it, but it's pretty f**king annoying and I hope it will get fixed very soon.
    04-30-2013 08:15 AM
    To clarify the issue... Youtube videos play just fine when connected to wi-fi, both through IE, metrotube or any other youtube app. No problems at all. When connected to data (3g/4g) all you get is a message that tells that this video can't be played on this phone. In my case it's a Lumia 920, so there's really no logical explanation to this issue. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    04-30-2013 08:26 AM