Bluetooth voice recognition/texting

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
One of the very cool features that my Windows phone provided was using my car Bluetooth and being able to read/respond to text messages while being completely hands free. Unfortunately the latest Windows 7.8 update has degraded this service to allow only incoming messages to be read hands free. The option to reply back with a text while using voice recognition seems to have been removed and replaced with the option to call the number back. If anyone can confirm this for me or perhaps I need to change a default setting?
I would appreciate some help.
Thanks you

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok Thanks.
I have already fixed it by going to settings/ease of access/then turn on Speech For Phone Accessibility.
A new issue has come up though, as the audio coming from the voice recognition text to voice is distorted when playing through my car audio system. Iy worked almost perfectly before the 7.8 update except for one other bub. When a call comes in through my cars BT in turns the volume up to 6 regardless of what I have it set at. When I turn it down it is fine until I answer the phone with the steering wheel control and then it shoots back up to 6 again. Would be ok if I didn't have a 500 watt amp.??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes