Other storage

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just used my Nokia Lumia 720 for about a week. So far I am quite happy with it except the "other storage". As you know L720 only have 8GB and micro SD card only store new pics and songs. I have a "storage check" in the setting and removed the temporary files. The temporary file is different with other storage, temp file is only 45 MB, but other storage is 1.06GB.
I read some threads and mentioned about turn off sync to skydrive and do some trick by removing some files in skydrive folder.
I never activate the sync to skydrive from day one, all backup and sync are turned off, even I use manual sync for emails.
I noticed when I added facebook account in people hub and went to photo album I got all my photos from my facebook folders. Seems like the phone keep the cache or something and try to upload / sync to Skydrive and uses this "other storage" as skydrive.
Does anyone know how to clear / reduce this "other storage" ?
Thank you

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Try Phone Storage Cleanup. It's much better than Shrink Storage. Also, delete all of your temp files in IE. Both of those have helped me free a bit of space up in my Lumia 810.

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Try Phone Storage Cleanup. It's much better than Shrink Storage. Also, delete all of your temp files in IE. Both of those have helped me free a bit of space up in my Lumia 810.
Hi, thank you for your reply. I had quick look the apps in the marketplace but it seems have a really bad review.
How much space you recover by using this app?

hguerra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Not much - just mb instead of gb. This issue has been around and Microsoft has not addressed it since day 1 ( >6months). If you could, return your phone. I would have, had I known earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon