xbox music

andrewk369

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So right now I have a wp7 and can use zune software. But I heard that once I get a wp8 I have to use the xbox music app? I hate that thing... It is so unorganized in my opinion. So is this true??

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't really understand everyone's hatred of XBM. Save for the fact that you can't easily create playlists from the phone and a few other niggles, I think it's damn near perfect.
Practically any song you can imagine at your fingertips, for streaming or DL, complete with artwork and even bio(!) in crystal clear audio.

I had absolutely no intention of buying a year sub when I got my WP8, but the 30-day trial changed my mind very quickly. What was so much better about Zune?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't really understand everyone's hatred of XBM. Save for the fact that you can't easily create playlists from the phone and a few other niggles, I think it's damn near perfect.
Practically any song you can imagine at your fingertips, for streaming or DL, complete with artwork and even bio(!) in crystal clear audio.

I had absolutely no intention of buying a year sub when I got my WP8, but the 30-day trial changed my mind very quickly. What was so much better about Zune?

Zune had the same Zune pass - nothing has changed in terms of audio quality or amount of songs you can access.

What has changed is:

• Fiddly playlists
  • Lag in the Xbox hub
  • Green ugly live tile instead of beautiful Zune tile
  • Fiddly interface both on PC and Phone
  • All those niggles we've been over a few thousand times
  • the UX and UI are key on WP and they are screwed with this transition.

Having said that, I completely believe GDR2 or GDR3 will make this more seamless and pleasant experience. I have patience so I am fine, but others may have different opinions.

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention the 10000 songs I purchased back from Zune that I can't play a single one on my wp8, so I really do hope they fix this issue. For now my Zune 120 is keeping me going.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Really, all the music I have through Zune plays fine on Xbox Music, granted I do use Windows 8 as well but it shouldn't be a problem!!!

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Really, all the music I have through Zune plays fine on Xbox Music, granted I do use Windows 8 as well but it shouldn't be a problem!!!
I keep getting the DRM issues a lot of people are talking about, spent hours online and on the phone with support. They have put me onto an escalation team. That was in January and I still can't listen to MY music, so think you are a lucky one.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting the DRM issues a lot of people are talking about, spent hours online and on the phone with support. They have put me onto an escalation team. That was in January and I still can't listen to MY music, so think you are a lucky one.

That's very odd Having said that I do use Windows 8 and have all my music synced to the cloud through Xbox Music on my PC, not sure if that makes a difference though. Have you tried resetting the DRM components on your machine, that usually fixes it?

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have tried everything, it will fix some things, but then other problems arise. Then I have to deal with multiple tracks again. Its not worth my time. Waiting for a fix, and if one doesn't come soon, I'm afraid I'm at my wits end with x box music.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the DRM issues too until I changed to Nokia Music, which has some advantages (and disadvantages) compared to Xbox Music
other than that, the tile is really really beautiful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs