Why doesn't IE on WP save passwords or usernames??

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone explain to me why Microsoft has yet to complete this simple task of being able to save passwords and usernames on IE?? I think it is so annoying I have to keep typing these out everytime I go into something.

Last edited:

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i think mine does, i shut down all the windows so when you press the back key all you get as a shrunken screen is the tile desktop. i go into IE, select on of the forums i'm on from my favourites list and i'm still logged in. try going into the settings option when you have IE open, press the 3 dots bottom right on the screen, settings is at the bottom of the list so you have to scroll down to it, press advanced settings, scroll down ( swipe finger upwards ) and tick the box ' allow sites to store files on my phone' and see if that helps???

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It does for me, at least for some sites. However, one of the dumbest things they did was not giving you the option when deleting history to not delete usernames/passwords, unless I just dont know how.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It has cookies.

It does not autofill usernames and passwords.

Big difference.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I know but i really find this inconvenient at times. MS should change it to delete history etc not usernames and passwords.

Agreed. Sadly, MS has lagged behind in the browser dept in general for about a decade not, at least. And it sure as hell shows. One if the few things I envy about Android is real browser alternatives with extra features and standard features. IE mobile lacks even basic features which sucks and is embarrassing

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
On my 710 it saves passwords fine, but yea, deleting the browser history / cache obviously deletes passwords, just don't visit sites you don't want cached ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99