The new Lumia 925

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Kind of disappointed they did not at least equal the storage of the 920 and the 928. I have no need for a camera that instantaneous shots like 10 shots at a time. I am going to see if I can buy a 920 unlock from AT&T or Microsoft or another provider. I guess the ones that are having the 920 still have them locked and after you buy it they may or may not unlock it for you - right there by way of customer service or you have to be a customer of their for 90 days before they will do it. Not sure what is up with that; since the providers are confuse about the time frame before they will unlock it if you buy it out right! That will have to be clarified!

Guess it ebay or nothing if you want it right away! Nokia does not recommend third parties to unlock it however. I just going to wait it out to see if the 920 gets a discount after the 925 gets to T-Mobile.

After looking at the 925; I may go to 720 because I think it looks nicer even with cheap plastic and has better features - it half the cost too! If I want the 720; I have to wait till Nokia officially ships it!

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
920 too heavy???

If you can't handle 185 grams of phone, I would suggest staying at home with a pair of slippers and some cocoa!!!
Wimps!!!!
That joke has gotten so old, so over used, and most of all it makes absolutely no sense. By your logic holding 300g in your hands isn't a big deal either, and it really isn't, but how would you feel holding a 300g phone?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What a crap announcement. Nokia is now rehashing phones over and over again. Lumia 920 > 928 > 925. All exactly the same with alternations in the chassis except that 925 will come with 16GB version, only 2 color choices and no built in wireless charging. Awesome. The whole focus of the event was on some damn camera app because we don't have enough of those already.

I suppose my expectations were a little too high.

I suppose they were seeing that it is SUPPOSE to look like the 928 and the 920.

The fact that I'm on another platform and understand that this is T-Mobile's variant of the 920, and that y'all don't, is sad

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile just screwed Windows phone users again. I wanted to upgrade to this but only 16 GB and Micro SD missing are deal breakers I'll stick with the 810.

^ This. I tell you, T-Mobile does a good job of shafting its existing WP8 customers...

Again, I'm not knocking the 925. Its a nice phone, but you can see it was never targeted for us at WP8 launch folks. It is geared for people who heard of the great 920 camera and wanted it on T-Mobile. At this point, all weight jokes aside, I'd rather the OG 920 of the 3 variants as my daily driver to replace my 810.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The important thing about the 925 and 928 is that Nokia now has a high end phone on two carriers that it didn't before. Period. They are just different enough from the 920 to be "exclusive" to the two carriers.

All of this is, of course JMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes