Finger swipe instead of password

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I like having the security of requiring a password or pin to unlock my Lumia. The thought of a stranger picking up my phone and immediately having access to all of my contacts, my facebook account, email account, etc. gives me the creeps. I realize that inputting a short pin # to unlock my phone is not a big deal, but I have seen some of my iPhone friends with an app that allows them to use a particular finger swipe to unlock their phone in lieu of a pin #. (An image of this sort of thing is below.) Does anyone know of an equivalent app for WP8?

Attachments

• ScreenSavery-set-password.png
    ScreenSavery-set-password.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 1

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how you can do that on an iPhone besides jailbreaking it.

But I do hope WP adds more unlock services, like face, pattern, and letters.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Android has this. It's very convenient and, in my opinion, quicker and easier than a PIN. It would be a welcome inclusion in future WP8 updates (but then again, so many other things would be as well <sigh>).

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't want the finger swipe for WP8, but they should definitely add picture password support! They already have it, just implement!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
As others have said I think they should just have picture password. Its unique, quick and less predictable that a swipe or pin password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05