Spec check Lumia 710 v 620

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've looked through the specs of each phone and their isn't that much a difference other then a few tweaks, the 710 holds its own against the 620, you'd think when Nokia upgrade a phone they would make older phones, wellllll seem older! Because the 620 feels like a 710 with minor fixes, screen is the same, 710 has fm radio 620 don't, yes the 620 has NFC, a VGA front facing cam, and a speedier processor. Is their enough change in the 620 to want to make me change just yet? Someone please convince me so Lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit curious as to why you're not looking at a 720 as it's numbering would suggest it's the upgrade to the 710. If you want FM radio it would be better to go with the 720 or better as well as the Amber update later this year will turn on it's functionality and the 620 doesn't have it. In any case the 620 is better than the 710 simply for having Windows 8.

On a personal side I would go with 820/9xx as they have the 1G RAM, 720 and down only have 512RAM which can be an issue with running some software. All depends what you're after I suppose.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The 720 is just a tad to dear id love to buy that instead, but I have money for the 620 right now so I don't think I can wait any longer to purchase a WP8 device, I just dont want to go buy a 620 and a Nokia release another decent mid range device :/ my 710 has served me very well on 7.8 but like you said N_LaRUE just by having WP8 on the 620 makes it a better choice with the few added features, I don't mind not having fm radio as theirs plenty of radio apps to choose from or music streaming apps. So the amber update will the 620 receive any kind off bump up from that?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The 720 is just a tad to dear id love to buy that instead, but I have money for the 620 right now so I don't think I can wait any longer to purchase a WP8 device, I just dont want to go buy a 620 and a Nokia release another decent mid range device :/ my 710 has served me very well on 7.8 but like you said N_LaRUE just by having WP8 on the 620 makes it a better choice with the few added features, I don't mind not having fm radio as theirs plenty of radio apps to choose from or music streaming apps. So the amber update will the 620 receive any kind off bump up from that?

I believe the camera software and the all the rest will apply to the 620 as far as I know, haven't heard the full details of Amber yet. There will also be the GDR2 update from MS around the same time. Also during the press conference for the 925 there was a hint, though no confirmation, that they may release lower end versions of the 925, like a 825, 725, 625. However, I wouldn't bother waiting for that. The next flagship will probably be released later (4th qtr?) this year and then the lower end ones probably the beginning of 2014. That's just a guess of course. They may release them all at once.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
You are comparing a higher speced device with with a lower priced one. You should compare 620 with its predecessor 610... So yes it is an upgrade in everything. .

The only thing that 620 doesn't get in the Amber update is the FM radio due to some thing which I don't understand. They should have given it FM radio. anyway 720 is better.

620 is being used by my sister and she likes it a lot. 620 also gets 6 to 7 colored shells whcihyou can swap and get a whole new phone all to gether.. 720 cannot unless you get a case.. I like 620 for the swappable shells. I have 710 too .. I don't have the head phone .. so never used FM radio. so it is ok.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks N_LaRUE :) if I get every other aspect of the update I don't mind not having the fm radio. Michael apparently the 620 cant get fm radio because of where the 3mm jack is situated on the phone Nokia usually use it as a signal but can't in this case due to the positioning on the phone :/ I can live without fm radio as I you mainly stream music on my data plan but for developing countries this in my opinion is a major gaff from Nokia because the likes of India use a lot of fm radio for news etc because they can't always afford the data we use. Just as well theirs a 520. Other than that I think I'll opt for the 620 until I can afford a better spec Lumia :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes