Windows phone 8 battery

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
that's not true, that's just the battery saver being dumb that's happened to me in fact it said "estimated time remaining: 2 days 13 hours" in reality it gave me about 5

This isn't an OS problem though. Notice it says "Estimated time remaining", this does depend on what you're using on the phone but again it's just an estimate. But without you seeing my phone you won't believe me that a single charge lasts me all day.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how to downgrade the signal yo 3G? I'm on at&t

If the option is available on your phone it's in Settings>Cellular. You can set the max speed to 3G if the option is there. I've heard some AT&T 920's have it and some don't. My VZW 822 does not. Have you removed all of the apps you installed to see if the battery drain goes away? You can also use the speedtest.net app to check you signal strength for data. You should be getting well over 20MB/s with LTE/4G with low latency.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If the option is available on your phone it's in Settings>Cellular. You can set the max speed to 3G if the option is there. I've heard some AT&T 920's have it and some don't. My VZW 822 does not. Have you removed all of the apps you installed to see if the battery drain goes away? You can also use the speedtest.net app to check you signal strength for data. You should be getting well over 20MB/s with LTE/4G with low latency.

nope I don't have it and actually I found a trick at the official windows blogs saying that you should let the battery go down to about 20% and then charge it up to 100% but don't leave it charging after 100% and do this for 1-2 weeks and then the battery will be stabalized and improve so I'm gonna try that first and if it doesn't work then I'll uninstall apps :(

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
nope I don't have it and actually I found a trick at the official windows blogs saying that you should let the battery go down to about 20% and then charge it up to 100% but don't leave it charging after 100% and do this for 1-2 weeks and then the battery will be stabalized and improve so I'm gonna try that first and if it doesn't work then I'll uninstall apps :(

This is completely unnecessary and pointless with Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer batteries. These batteries don't suffer from the 'memory' effects that many earlier types of battery did. So 'conditioning' does absolutely nothing for the newer batter technologies found in modern smart phones. The perceived 'conditioning' effect is usually attributable to people playing and looking at their phones in the first few days/weeks of getting them. After a while their usage pattern drops back to normal and the battery lasts longer because the owner is no longer prodding the screen to life every two minutes to admire it or show it off to friends.

Another factor is that when you first set up a new phone there is often syncing and update stuff going on in the background for a little while when the phone is awake. This can make the battery appear to drain faster during the first couple of charge periods.

It has been reported that the battery monitoring function on some phones need a couple of recharge cycles to get 'calibrated'. This might affect the predictions of remaining battery life (making them more accurate over time), but shouldn't affect the battery life you actually get (from full charge to phone auto-shutdown).

Also you can't overcharge the battery in any of the current generation Lumia phones (or any other fairly modern phone that I know of). The charging circuitry does not 'trickle' charge the batteries once they are fully charged. It actually disconnects the charging current completely. So you simply can't overcharge them regardless of how long you leave them connected to the charger.

So bottom line is, batteries in modern smart phones don't need any special conditioning or care with charging. If you're battery is draining faster than it should it's either a software issue (poorly designed/rogue/corrupted/crashed app or OS process) or a hardware one (dud/failing battery, faulty phone circuitry). There are lots of things you can do to prolong the battery life of your phone. Conditioning the battery is not one of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb